Low cal cheese dip for football

Options
veddar79
veddar79 Posts: 205
Need ASAP. I low cal cheese dip for football the chips will kill me too but I'm open to suggestions.

One suggestion was cream cheese vs velvetta.

Replies

• firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    hey man, go to skinny taste and have a look at some of the dips and appetizers there. Hopefully there will be some ideas there for you. http://www.skinnytaste.com
  • firemanfive0
    Options
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest that buffalo dip too from skinny taste, I have not tried it yet but sometimes lay awake thinking about it.
  • Paulbp4
    Paulbp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options

This one is realllly good. you don't need to use blue cheese either (we don't like it here) we used some reduced fat cheddar and it was incredible. We will be eating it while we watch Bama work over Notre Dame ;)
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    One can Campbells cheese soup mix (do not add water) 250 cals
    Chopped jalapenos to taste

Tastes just like the crap processed nacho sauce you get at the theater, about 100 calories in a cup of it.

OR if you want one that actually tasetes like real cheese

5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
    1 1/4 cups nonfat milk, divided
    2/3 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
    1 teaspoon dry mustard
    1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika (optional)
    Cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Whisk flour with 1/4 cup milk in a small bowl until smooth. Heat the remaining milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until steaming. Add the flour mixture and cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce bubbles and thickens, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in Cheddar, dry mustard, paprika, cayenne and salt.

it's about 25 calories per tablespoon, but tastes soooo much better
  • saddorie
    Options
    I also like cream cheese but i put sweet chilie sauce over the top of the c c and it tastes awesome.
  • veddar79
    Options
    Awesome thanks. I also found Special K chips as a recommendation for dipping (besides vegetables). 110 for 30 so not bad.

Really hoping the Skins pull off a win but don't want to be without some good dip.

I appreciate the help.
  • firemanfive0
    Options
    We will be eating it while we watch Bama work over Notre Dame ;).....dream on but enjoy the dip!!! LOL
  • myhealthy2013
    Options
    This isn't cheese but sounds yummy and low low in calories:

http://www.voskos.com/recipes/recipes/yogurt-ranch-dip-recipe

This is cheese and sounds good as well:

http://www.answerfitness.com/153/mexican-cheese-dip-recipe/
  • veddar79
    Options
    We will be eating it while we watch Bama work over Notre Dame ;).....dream on but enjoy the dip!!! LOL

Sorry but I'm with him. Bama has this one locked down.
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Not cheese dip, but good anyway!

Knoors vegetable soup mix and fat free plain greek yogurt..... with veggies for dipping
    or
    "nachos" made with baked scoops, salsa and fat free or reduced fat shredded cheese.
    or
    fat free turkey chili with fat free or reduced fat cheese mixed in and baked scoops for shoveling it in!! :bigsmile:
    (go PATS!)
  • saraeku2011
    saraeku2011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have made the Skinny Taste Buffalo Chicken Dip many times. It's really good and the serving is pretty satisfying. It is good with celery. Special K multigrain crackers are good to use for dipping and pepperidge farm has good ones too :)
  • veddar79
    Options
    Starting up the buffalo chicken and Special K chips. Thanks guys