recently joined

Options
Hey there all !
I joined around the 3rd of Jan. so far so good. This app has showed me a lot of boo boo's I've always made when it came to food. I am getting back on track after gaining back 20lbs. I hope to do much better this time with good food choices and exercise. Feel free to add me as a friend. The more the merrier =)

best of luck to u all

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm also attempting to get back myself, after gaining about 25 pounds over the last few years. I had bad knees and couldn't exercise away all the calories I'd eat every day. And believe me, I can EAT! I had my knees replaced over a year ago, and am finally back to dancing to my oldies and walking when the weather permits.
    Best of luck to you, though with MFP, as long as you are honest and log your foods and watch your numbers and get some exercise, you WILL lose the weight that you want!
  • Will606
    Will606 Posts: 55
    Options
    friend request being sent
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck to you .. Feel Free to add me if you like :)
  • saddorie
    Options
    i just recently joined a few days ago myself. i have done good the past few days to track my food which is awesome to see what i am eating. i also have the app on my phone so that will help when i am not home. i was thinking of tracking my food intake for about two weeks (tracking how i normally eat) and then making small changes. any advise?
  • patharris3
    Options
    I heard about MFP on the news last night. So, I decided to join this morning! I am so excited about losing the 25 pounds that I have put on over the years. I have belonged to WW several times in the past, and I totally lost the weight fast! At this moment in time, I do not have the $ to belong to WW. After hearing about MFP last night, I knew that I could afford this! I just want to take this time to thank the people who started the website for people who cannot afford to join other programs. I am excited about getting started, but I am afraid at the same time! I need someone to be accountable to! I am a teacher who will be retiring at the end of May of this year. If anyone out there will take me on as a partner in need of help, please let me know!!! I have become a stress eater who comes home and sits working on lesson plans for the next day for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade math students...I need lots of advice!
    :smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you too! You SHOULD be excited, because MFP REALLY DOES work, and best of all, it's free!
    I'm hoping that I'll have the excellent results that I had when I first joined. All it really takes is logging your foods honestly, and then working with your numbers. If you need more numbers, get some exercising in. I dance to a fast oldies CD that my hubby made me, as well as walk and jog with the Wii. I'm just starting all that up again after getting both knees replaced alittle over a year ago.
    I am really hoping that MFP will work again for me, and for you too!!!
  • kkompoles
    Options
    Hi my name is Kay and I am new to this site and way of life. I started a few months ago but haven't lost but a couple of pounds. Suks but I am determined to do this for me, even though I to suffer with depression and have since my world fell apart 5 years ago. I was married to the love of my life when the other black dog, alchohol took him away. Since then I have suffer with depression, anxiety,panic attacks, felling of unworthiness. Thinking I could have done something to keep him. But in the end there was nothing I could have done.
    I am now trying to heal myself, my body for I am an emotional eater. Whenever I am sad, stressed, or bored I EAT. I have been an fat child, fat teen, fat young adult and now a fat senior. But I am choosing to change for myself or at least try. It is not easy for me since I have Fibromyalagia and it stops me from doing a lot of exercise but I do what I can.
    With this helpful app and Gods help I can do this.
    Feel free to add me to your friends list.