Any 5'5" females who need to or have already lost 30-40 lbs?

Options

Replies

• preatsp
    Options
    Im 5'5 my goal weight is 130, and I weigh 144 right now.

But I also want to become fit, and more healthier.

I tried starving my self for a week 2 years ago , I lost 7 pounds. But when I started eating again(1500-2000 calories), I went from 135-->145. Dont starve yourself, it isn't worth it and it just makes things much more worse.
  • the_britster
    the_britster Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4.5" and have lost over thirty pounds since august of this year
  • Bump!
  • myateam4
    myateam4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started at 223 and am currently 185.6 :) I tried to post pic, but it wouldn't resize! Anyways I have a challenge if anyone wants to join. http://www.facebook.com/groups/389745054448223/
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have been on my journey for around a year. I started out at 162 pounds in Dec. 2011. I'm currently down to 129 pounds. My actual "goal" weight is 125 but I'm not too focused o that right now. It has been an awesome journey so far with some days being a major struggles and other times no struggles at all. Here is a picture from last December to this December

mosaic0caf598cf6d28f19877f4a542f3644343d3f476b.jpg

This is a recent in a swimsuit. The first picture was taken July 2012 and the second picture was actually taken yesterday.

6monthsdifference.jpg

This is a two month difference. The first picture was taken at the end of one workout program and the second one is almost two months into a different one . Second picture was taken yesterday as well

mosaicc9aa9fc3759f036dda29194672869c1fb459c1ee.jpg
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" too. Started at 190, have lost 46 pounds over the last 3 and half years and although I have reached my first goal (144), I would like to lose another 9 for now. The last 10 to 20 pounds seem to be the hardest to lose so that is why I came to MFP. I am also 54 years old and it doesn't get any easier losing the weight at this age but it can be done. The biggest difference in my life is a daily walk (anywhere from 8.5km to 12.5 km most days of the week) and controlling my portions.
  • Christinesyear
    Christinesyear Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'5". I started MFP 366 days ago, and have lost 37 pounds since late Deember 2011. I'm a slow go-er, but I love being here. This year I'd love to lose at least another 40. I just posted my one-year blog with much more detail. I'd love to do this together, so anyone who's interested, I'd love to be friends.

November2011-November2012.jpg
  • aubreydrake1
    Options
    I am also 5'5" I'm looking to loose 20-30lbs and I need all the encourgement I can get. Add me if you would like :smile:
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and have lost 52lb, still another 20 - 30 to go
  • jetaylor63
    jetaylor63 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I'm 5'4 1/2" and started out at 188.2 lbs but can't bring myself to take any pictures. Soon maybe.

Truthfully the quick loss stories are a little discouraging for me right now. I started MFP in November and lost a whole 6 lbs by Christmas - then came Christmas- and gained back that exact amount.

Jan 2, I got back on MFP and have lost 4 lbs in 4 days as of today. Yipee!! This is pretty encouraging because I haven't starved myself at all.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, just turned 40, and had lost about 35 pounds, but the scale has slid upwards a bit since going on maintenance, upping calories and adding strength training.

b-a.jpg

IMG_8036-copy.jpg

I wish I had a picture of my backside before I lost weight. I was already down about 20 pounds when the first one was taken.

butt-update-may.jpg

And I can't really see the weight I gained since going on maintenance. :smile:

front-update-july-may.jpg

I recognise you from the Weight Watcher forum boards a few years ago. You're the number one inspiration on there! x
  • I have but I dont know how to post pictures :S
  • joyful520
    joyful520 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", 48 yoa and I've lost 43 lbs. Started at 188 - currently 144-145, aiming for 135

Somewhere around 180

188-1.jpg

148 - a few weeks ago. I've lost 4-5 since then.

148.jpg
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I lost total of 46 pounds. I am hanging at 143 and 5'5" and goal of 130-135. Feel free to add me.
  • makemyselfpr0ud
    Options
    I'm 5'5" sw at 167 lbs, gw 140 lbs or so.
  • joyful520
    joyful520 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and currently weigh 176lbs. I want to lose about 30lbs. I agree with you that seeing others' successes and also going through the struggles with others definitely helps.
    You are welcome to add me as a friend. I am great at giving reinforcement and could use some in return as well.
    Good luck with your journey!
    Christel
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 years old, 5'5" and have lost 66 lbs. Starting weight was 216 lbs. MFP starting weight was 194 lbs. in April of last year and my current weight is 150 lbs. I'm looking to lose 15 more and tone up a bit. This last 15 lbs. is proving to be hard to budge. Feel free to add me.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and lost 35 pounds. I'm currently maintaining.

Before:
    InsanityFrontViewBefore.jpg

InsanityBackViewBefore.jpg

After:
    pose.jpg

back.jpg

Took me about 8 months:)
  • slucas88
    Options
    Amazing job, you have very similar goals to myself so I hope I look that good when I'm done
    Hi! I lost 34 lbs on MFP getting ready for my wedding and I remember wishing I had seen more pics of people who were at the same starting weight and goal weight... Good luck on your journey and feel free to friend me although I'm pregnant now so my goal is actually to gain weight but I'll be full force into losing after October 3rd when my baby girl comes! :-) Here are some of my before/afters:

This first one is actually more like 50 lbs down (I lost some weight before MFP):
    Screenshot2012-06-12at75816PM-1.jpg

This one is a one year difference, July 2010 versus July 2011:
    Screenshot2011-07-04at121807AM.png

And here are my MFP official before and afters. The before picture, I accidentally cut my head off and it took all of my will not to just delete it so taking another pic was out of the question :-)... And I actually lost a few more lbs after the after pic but never took another picture:
    BeforeandAfter-OcttoMay.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!