Do's & Don'ts at the Gym

Options
I found this informative but mostly pretty funny. How many of these behaviors have you seen at your gym?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-4_wtL1w2I

Replies

• xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Haha...I'm lucky to not have such fools at the gym I go to!
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Disappointed they didn't mention people curling in the squat rack
  • doreenindetroit
    Options
    HAHA! I've definitely seen a few of these: Girls wearing JEWELRY and makeup to "workout", ppl who mill about and just b.s. with one another, people who hog equipment and aren't even using it, the guy that doesn't think it's OK to wear the same gym clothes for 2 weeks who gets on the treadmill next to me (I almost threw up), and those annoying guys who grunt and yell lifting weights. SO hilarious.
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've seen guys working out in overalls and work boots. Not really what I would consider condusive to working out and kinda makes me feel like I'm at some hillbilly gym.

My friend runs a business with his cell as his main communication so he is the "phone guy", although he's not obnoxious about it.

Otherwise I think I've been pretty lucky in not having experienced this stuff to it's full potential.
  • myrestlessfeet
    myrestlessfeet Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've seen quite a few women working out with full make up on, I wonder if their faces don't get itchy once they start sweating.
  • CandiceScott69
    CandiceScott69 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I do have on makeup most days. I go to the gym after I get off work. I don't take time to clean my face first. I change clothes, workout then go home to shower.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options

PEOPLE WHO DO THIS NEED TO DIE A THOUSAND FIERY DEATHS WHILST BEING FORCED TO LISTEN TO INE DIRECTION DOING A DUET WITH REBECCA BLACK AND BEING DRY HUMPED BY THE CAST OF JERSEY SHORE.

Or something.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    I do have on makeup most days. I go to the gym after I get off work. I don't take time to clean my face first. I change clothes, workout then go home to shower.

I often still have a bit of eyeliner or something on from my day. It doesn't smudge or anything so I don't see why I need to take it off to make other women feel happy...
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I must have a well-behaved gym; I haven't seen most of these. I do wonder about the few women I've seen in makeup. And there is one guy who sounds like he is barking when he lifts. And there was one lady who tried to correct my form when my trainer was right there working with me.
  • MantisToboggan_MD
    MantisToboggan_MD Posts: 30 Member
    Options

PEOPLE WHO DO THIS NEED TO DIE A THOUSAND FIERY DEATHS WHILST BEING FORCED TO LISTEN TO INE DIRECTION DOING A DUET WITH REBECCA BLACK AND BEING DRY HUMPED BY THE CAST OF JERSEY SHORE.

Or something.

I am interested in a subscription to your newsletter.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Had my first guy doing that today. I just laughed inside. Laughed, because I still had access to the power rack, which I prefer.
  • BalletBadass
    Options

I often still have a bit of eyeliner or something on from my day. It doesn't smudge or anything so I don't see why I need to take it off to make other women feel happy...

Ha! I came from work one day and actually had makeup on... Had a session with my swim coach, so didn't bother with removing my makeup. An hour later, my lipstick was still bright red, but the rest of the makeup was gone. He couldn't stop laughing every time he looked at me!
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    ROFL snort!

That was hilarious... I just saw a girl the other day totally decked out for the bar; NOT the gym and wandering around with her water bottle:huh:

I go the gym right after work; I wear a bit of makeup and I don't bother taking it off beforehand.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I found this informative but mostly pretty funny. How many of these behaviors have you seen at your gym?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-4_wtL1w2I

This was great. I had this happen at my old gym but not anymore. I do see some guys barking and checking them selves out though. I just put in my head phones turn my music up and do my thing. Um and if you see me staring dont worry I cant see 5 feet in front of my face with out my glasses, and I dont wear those at the gym :)
  • aliparry
    aliparry Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There was a guy in my gym earlier in the week who wore a hoody, beanie and shades!

exercise.png
  • Mutant13
    Options

Or something.

I am interested in a subscription to your newsletter.

Mail me the severed hands of three children's teddy bears and we will talk