anyone else sick?!

Options
hi everyone! figured i'd make a post for those of us who are feeling pretty crappy and sick to chat and make some new friends :P i've had a really bad cold for the past week and its not going away because i've been so busy i haven't had any time to relax! finally i'm off of work today so i'm doing absolutely nothing but relaxing and sleeping! (clearly not working out either, since i can't breathe through my nose AT ALL :P lol)

how is everyone else feeling?! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LJK0904
    LJK0904 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have just gotten over the flu and still have a cough, which is going away. I started MFP while I was sick last week while I was laying feeling rotten. Now I think it is the best thing I have done and paid off. I am feeling better now and look forward to my new weight loss journey

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Rest is the way to go when your sick.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    No, still healthy this season. Please cough and sneeze in the other direction! Hope you feel better soon.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Ugh I've been feeling prity offal too. I have a really sore chest, a bad cough and I feel dizzy and lethargic. I'm upping my veg intake, made a lovely big pot of chicken and veg soup. I haven't exercised in over a week, because like you I can't breath lol. But I have kept busy, haven't really sat down for the last 2 days. Need to try and get a few early nights. Maybe when the kids go back to school it'll be easier to get some time to relax.
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    The crud has been circulating around these parts for weeks. The kids (my beloved petrie dishes) brought something nasty/vile home from school, which moved rom them to us, and now back again. Guess it's just THAT time of year :grumble:
  • busbea1
    Options
    Been fighting what my doctor coined as a hideous ear infection! I knew I had gained some weight due to my job, at Christmas we get a ton of treats from firms that we work for plus holiday food, but it is time to get on track & get healthy again! Would love to see 20 lbs gone!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    UGH, so sick... Haven't been sick in a very long time, but it got me good this time! Started feeling lousy the day after Christmas and it finally got so bad I had to go to the doctor. Apparently I have an upper respiratory and double ear infection. I've been on antibiotics, a steroid nasal spray, antihistamine nasal spray, Allegra and Mucinex since Thursday and to be honest, I don't feel like I'm getting any better! I have to sleep half upright in our recliner just to keep from hacking the entire night. I am SO ready to start feeling better :( Sorry to hear so many of you are sick as well and hope you're feeling better soon!
  • militarymommie44
    Options
    i have a bad cold and my husband has the flu yet AGAIN **SPRAYS ROOM WITH LYSOL**
  • katienoell
    katienoell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here! I've been battling with this cold for two weeks now. I also think I had a touch of the flu last weekend. My hubby has been off work all week this past week due to pneumonia, and my four year old has a severe ear infection. Tomorrow is going to be back to work for hubs, back to school for my son, and back to my part-time job for me, so it will be interesting to see how we are all feeling come tomorrow evening!

Hope everyone else feels better!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Been fighting what seems like the same bug for the last month +. I blame it mostly on work. Excuse me, the People at work. I know, I know...they need to pay the bills same as every one else, but dang. If I am sick I pick up a mask at the tool crib and wear it all night so my germs stay pretty much with me. Do they? No. they just hack and cough and croup all over the place and don't even have the brains to cover their mouths.

Had the Holiday Week off. Dec.22 till Jan 2. Stayed in, got healthied up, got my flu shot finaly. I still have a bit of a stuffy nose but I don't know if that is alergies or not.

Been taking Zi-Cam and extra B-12 to build my system back up.

I hope everyone starts feeling better soon!!!
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Ah I'm recovering from a chest infection, coughed and sputtered my way though my workout today! I hope you all feel better soon - darn this winter weather!
  • adriennepaolini
    Options
    Acute Bronchitis again ... every time this year .... taking meds ... on the up side I drink more water when I am sick ... down side I am also a grumpy bear so either way ...

Everyone feel better soon
    :flowerforyou:
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Fat Sick and Nearly Dead
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I was about 3 weeks ago! I had walking pneumonia..thought I was going to die!!!
  • Kamile69
    Options
    sooo sick......can't stop coughing, hurts to eat (bonus), hurts to swallow....just kill me know....
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I've been sick off and on since before Christmas. I finally got rid of it, then my son got me sick again. Just started feeling better a few days ago, now I woke up today with a sore throat.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Yes. :frown: After so many different bugs going around my work (that includes exposure to thousands of people a day), I finally caught something. Thank goodness it's just a sore throat and no other symptoms. I'm spending my next two days off in bed all day.
  • samlankford
    Options
    this weird weather is to blame... I had some weird sinus crap going on it would not leave for WEEKS!!! I had gotten hit hard with something on Friday, fever and headache went away by saturday morning thankfully... just left with the somewhat tired feeling, but it could be the way that I have been working out and getting up at 5am to workout... who knows.. just drink lots of water, have some chicken soup and maybe bump up on some grapefruit for vitamin c!!:bigsmile: feel better
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I have a flu, my nose is running like whoa. I'm surprised I didn't get it any sooner 'cause my family members have been battling with flu since the late Nov! As long as I don't get a sore throat I'm okay with this, it's not much different from allergy symptoms I have from spring to late summer...

I hope everyone gets better soon!
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I had it over Christmas & New Year - it was pretty grim. Seems to have cleared up now though! Just rest, drink lots of water and take paracetemol, you'll get through it.
  • kelwan8
    Options
    I have had s sore throat for the past 3 days going on the 4th day. I've taken over the counter meds, throat lozenges, tea with honey and lemon, nothing seems to kick it. So I'm headed to the doctors tomorrow. Its not extremely painful, but the fact that it won't go away scares me a bit. I hope its not the on set of strep throat. Haven't had that since 08.