Trying again and praying for success

Options
Hello all! I stopped doing MFP last year once school started and I started back to work. It seemed that I felt that I didn't have time to dedicate to making myself healthier and happier. Now that I am in the second semester of my second year of teaching, I think that it is time for "me". I take care of my family and my students before I think about myself. Some may think that it is selfish of me to think of myself now but I feel that I need to so that I can feel better and have more energy to do the things I love (hiking, hunting, teaching,etc).

Looking for friends to help motivate and support me in my journey (my husband is of no help because he tells me I worry about how I look and my weight too much and that he loves me no matter how I look).

Replies

• Haima
    Haima Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me : )
  • cherylhieb
    Options
    Ditto,

I am recently new to this site and am to looking for friends to help motivate me too! Lets do it together!
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome back! I joined in Feb. 2010, lost 110 lbs then let stress and other peoples problems and drama derail me. I've decided that with the new year I am not enabling them (or myself) any longer so I too am back. Unfortunately I gained about 55 lb back...but at least not all of it. So I am starting over. Good luck and add me if you want...I'm older than you but in this journey I don't know that age matters...we're all fighting the same battle.
  • JaniseNikolic
    JaniseNikolic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher too! And let's face it, \ you have to feel comfortable in your own body to be comfortable in front of your class! And just because your hubby loves you no matter how you look, doesn't mean he can't support you in getting healthy! Focus on the healthy and being comfortable in your own skin! Good luck!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Another teacher here - although I'm a veteran teacher. However, like you, I find it's very easy to overlook myself and my own needs as I tend to my family and other "stuff".

I'm also like you in that I'm back at it again after having lost over 50 pds last year on MFP. This site works, I just stopped working along with it.

Feel free to add me as a friend. We'll cheer each other on.
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.....I welcome motivation and tips!!