in search of supportive MFP friends!

Options
Hi, my name is Erica, I am 21 years old! I have been on MFP for a few months now and only have one friend, I need more friends that want to get support as well as give support! I have been overweight most of my life and I am ready to change that. I need to lose over 80 pounds and I have already lost 25. It is hard to go through this without people by your side! There are plenty of reasons why I want to lose weight but the biggest reason is so I can be healthy, I do not want to hear the words knee replacement, hip replacement, ankle replacement, etc at a young age, if I have to hear those words I want to hear them when I am really old. I have helped lots of friends with their weight loss goals but now it is time for me to help myself.

Please feel free to add me! I will add back and support you on your weight loss journey! :)

Replies

• IslandSteph
    Options
    Consider it done!
  • emr0034
    emr0034 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • kaj44
    kaj44 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You have great motivating reasons for becoming healthier..................feel free to add me as a friend! We can motivate and encourage each other on our journey....................................
  • kelwan8
    Options
    sent you a request!
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    That didn't take long, now did it?!
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request:) I am looking for friends on here to tell to keep on keeping on! Easy to forget about taking care of yourself when you enjoy taking care of others! So feel free to add me...
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! I have sent your request! :smokin:
  • cherylhieb
    Options
    I would be glad to be your weight loss friend. I just joined mfp on Januray 2nd and would love some more friends to motivate and support me.
  • cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hi Erica! thats one thing you can count on here...SUPPORT!! Feel free to add me ( everyone can!) and we can be there for each other! Good Luck!
  • laurachilver
    Options
    Hey, I only joined two days ago, so have no friends. I would also really like the help and support of someone, especially someone as motivated (for the right reasons too) as you sound. I have to say if your picture is anything to go by, you look fantastic for someone who needs to loose 80 pounds :smile:
  • flanyo
    flanyo Posts: 15
    Options
    Me too, could do with a few friends on here for motivation and inspiration, especially people around similar age, and with similar goals etc... I like to hear how people are making exercise and nutrition work for them!
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far.. great job!! The more friends, the merrier! :smile:
  • donnadeehurtcassidy
    Options
    thanks for accepting my friend request. i'm looking to lose 40 pounds; weight has been a struggle al my life. i hope this plan & group can help me get it done i've been here 1 week & its been pretty good. its like reporting to a PT every day. Looking forward to our progress together. Donna
  • emr0034
    emr0034 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It means a lot to have such encouraging and friendly people! Good luck to ALL of you! :)
  • Iwillblossom
    Iwillblossom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a request :)