I'm confused, am I suppose to eat my excersice calories that

Options
Yesterday it said that I ate 600 clories leass then I was suppose too, But I felt like yesterday all I was doing was munching on food (healthy food of course) I eat 5 small meals a day and won't eat dinner after 7pm I'll usually have an apple, some grapes an orange or some wheat thins around 8:30 to get me through the night and after all five of those small meals and my wheat thin snack I still ate 600calories less! Can anyone help? What's going on?

Replies

• sweetrevenge
    Options
    Yes you are supposed to eat your exercise calories. You are given extra calories when you work out because your body burns the calories and you need to refuel.
  • celena1031
    Options
    Hey DeannaGarcia, I can understand your confusion...been there... First, are you including all your drinks and snacks? Second, you might not be eating enough...in volume..like 4oz chicken vs 6...make sure you're calculating your volume correctly. Lastly, maybe you need to adjust your goal setting...hope this helps
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    You can eat a heck of a lot of healthy food for very few calories. I find that I eat much more now than I ever did. As for the exercise calories, yes, per MFP you should eat them. You'll see varying opinions on this, but MFP has already calculated a deficit for you based on how much you said that you wanted to lose per week. So when you exercise, you are given those calories back to eat so that you can refuel your body. There are some interesting posts for newbies out there that will explain the concept.

I eat about every 2 hours and often feel like I can't possibly eat any more. We've been programmed to believe that to lose weight we need to be hungry and the fact is - that's just not right. I've lost almost 30 lbs by eating a ton of food and never feeling hungry. I can promise you - this works!!!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Ah I see, I was wondering why it kept going up! Thank you :)