tread mill?

Options
How long can you run on the tread mill without stopping? I can run for 20 mins.

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    99:59 - cause it shuts itself down and although I start it back up, technically, I "stopped" at 99:59...a year ago, I thought 4 minutes was an eternity.
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    2 months ago I could hardly run, on Friday I ran for 15minutes straight and it felt good. It has been a work in progress but for a long time my hips hurts so bad. I'm looking forward to getting better and better!!!
  • SportyChick07
    SportyChick07 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I usually stop after 20 minutes.
  • SportyChick07
    SportyChick07 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    @Treagal, good for you!
  • Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I usually go 50 mins - but most of the time I am not doing what many class as running - more walking very fast !
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I can run longer outdoors...I hate the treadmill...
  • japhilli3
    japhilli3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I sarted running a little over a year ago. When I started, I couldn't run for very long before getting out of breath or tired, but then I was told to slow it down a LOT and concentrate on duration. I started running VERY slow (like 4 mph) and was very surprised that I could get through 30 minutes or more this way. I also sometimes added in 1 minute walking breaks every 10-15 minutes and this helped too! Then I worked on gradually increasing the pace. Now, just one year later, I run a 10-10.5 minute mile now and I've ran a few 5Ks and one 10K in the past year!
  • aliparry
    aliparry Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the great outdoors - I real struggle with focusing on the treadmill - I get so bored!! Having said that the only thing that I do on there is interval training.. I find it easier with the time and also the incline that I want to run at..
  • Outdoors, probably 4 hours plus...

On a dreadmill, around 1 minute. In fact in preference to dreadmill running, I'd rather gnaw my own arm off.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I hate running. Partly because I am a klutz, and feel safer walking! So I put the incline way up and walk. The longest I have walked (at around 3.5-4 mph max) is an hour. I do sometimes run for a few minutes, then go back to walking.
  • Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love the outdoor and do a lot of outdoor activities , but I cannot run at all without something underneath me propelling my feet !
    So for the (rare) days i cannot get outdoor I do enjoy my treadmill
  • doyewole
    Options
    30 mins straight although I could probably go for 45-50 mins but I have to stop due to time crunch and nagging disapproving parents. I hate running outside laps etc... I find that I tire quicker
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I prefer to run outside but it is difficult where I live so I generally do the dreadmill running! Usually 30-45 mins. My body could go on for longer but my mind couldn't! I do mix it up a lot though - intervals, playing around with the speed and incline, etc.

Incidentally I did my first 5k (outside) for ages this weekend and was much quicker than I can manage on the treadmill which was interesting!
  • alytucker
    Options
    Today I ran for 50 mins, I started off at 20 mins and push myself a few more mins every time. I can run faster too as my fitness slowly improves. I won't run outside as i have large GG cup boobs and feel very self conscious with them bouncing around. I'm, hoping they will reduce in size a little bit as my weight reduces and i get more toned..