ONE YEAR!!!!!!

Options
pg3ibew
pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
On Dec 15 2011, I decided enough was enough. I was mad because I couldn't fit into my clothes any more. I decided to lose weight.
I was 250 pounds. I watched my diet through the holidays and lost a few pounds.
On January 6 of 2012, I was looking for a weight loss website and my son introduced me to Myfitnesspal. It was the best thing that has happened to me. I am a bit upset because I have never missed a day of logging, yet MFP has me only at 320 consecutive days of logging. It should be 365. But I wont let that deter me.

On October 1, 2012, I hit 162 pounds, 8 pounds under my goal weight of 170. In approximately 35 weeks, I lost 88 pounds. Since October 1, I have been maintaining between 164 and 166.
I am here to tell you, IF I CAN DO IT, ANYONE CAN DO IT.

Here are the 6 things, I feel, EVERYONE needs to accomplish a better life.
1. Determination
2. Food Scale
3. Measuring cups
4. Calorie counting website (Myfitnesspal)
5. Exercise (ANY FORM OF EXERCISE, Walking, push ups, sit ups, ANYTHING. Just get off the damn couch.
6. STOP WITH THE F@CKING EXCUSES. Everytime you say "YEAH BUT", you are making an excuse.

My profile is open for all to see everything I do. Eating, exercise and pics.
I am not posting pics because they are a pain in the *kitten*. You can see my before and after picsin my profile.

At 250 pounds, I was diagnosed as type 2 Diabetic, high blood pressure, High cholesteral, Sciatic nerve problems, and just general FAT *kitten* issues.

I continue to eat the same foods I always ate. Look at my food diary, I hide nothing. I did, however, make SLOW changes. Such as, white rice to brown, regular potatoes to sweet, light salad dressings. Things of that nature. Slow minor changes, not all at the same time, that led to MAJOR weight loss and better fitness. Never once did I pay attention to a MACRO, MICRO, MINI, PROTIEN, SUGAR, SALT or ANYTHING but CALORIES in.
My lovely bride and I eat pizza every friday night. 2-3 or 4 slices. Whatever I feel like eating.
My lovely bride and I also go out to eat at real restaurants every Saturday. Eating real food, never depriving ourselves. I just cut whatever size portion I get, in half, and bring it home for my sons.

I went back to the gym. Once again, SLOWLY, I worked until where I am today. I am not going to get into details of my workouts. Just nice, gradual changes that led to major weight loss and better fitness.

I could go on and on, but I won't. Everyone is free to look at my profile and ask any quetions you want.
In closing, I will say this: I WILL LOG on to MFP as long as the site is around. And if they decide to make it a PAY site, I will gladly pay.
EVERYTHIG IN MODERATION.

Thank you MFP and all you have done for me and my lovely bride.

Replies

• camajade
    camajade Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for posting. You confirmed what I have been feeling about food and exercise. Moderation and slowly getting into exercise.
  • sixpackdream
    sixpackdream Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well said, and congrats!
  • eidc
    eidc Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting...great determination you have had and still have! I have always been a great believer in moderation and slow and steady wins the race. I admit that faster would be nice once in a while!!! I will check out your page!
  • Sherrie144
    Sherrie144 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks you for sharing your amazing journey. It helps newbies like me know that with determination and moderation, I too can finally win my battle over the "fat *kitten*' issues" i've been facing...:wink:
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Thank you all, for all the nice words.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Sorry, I wanted to add one more thing.

One of my favorite sayings, which I think applys to all of us.

"This ain't rocket science kids. It is simple math."
  • Reneeisfat
    Reneeisfat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    You are so proud and confident!
    I can't wait to be you!
  • Reneeisfat
    Options
    Staten island pizza is the best in the world...hands down.
    Lees? Nunzios? Deninos?
  • Reneeisfat
    Options
    :love: Staten island pizza is the best in the world...hands down.
    Lees? Nunzios? Deninos?
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Staten island pizza is the best in the world...hands down.
    Lees? Nunzios? Deninos?

HAHAHA!! You know Staten Island pretty well. But I prefer Goodfellas on Victory and I go alot to Brooklyn for pizza as well.
  • sarahlasvegas
    sarahlasvegas Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love your outlook.

Life is for living - you have to have things you enjoy!
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    I love your outlook.

Life is for living - you have to have things you enjoy!

I is different strokes for different folks. I was not giving up anything.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You rock sir, period. I'm so proud of you! :drinker:

I REALLY appreciate you mentioning one of the things that helped you is a "food scale". I have a neighbor that has lost a tremendous amount of weight and I asked for their "secret" and one of them was a "food scale". He said he weighs EVERYTHING. For the past, say 3 months or so--I've been "led" to get a food scale, but have resisted--because I've been thinking "it doesn't take ALL that" but ya know what? I need to start doing that, because I'm pretty sure I'm eating more than I think I am "eyeing" my portions.

Thanks so much for posting this, you are a true inspiration--WOOT!!!!!
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    You rock sir, period. I'm so proud of you! :drinker:

I REALLY appreciate you mentioning one of the things that helped you is a "food scale". I have a neighbor that has lost a tremendous amount of weight and I asked for their "secret" and one of them was a "food scale". He said he weighs EVERYTHING. For the past, say 3 months or so--I've been "led" to get a food scale, but have resisted--because I've been thinking "it doesn't take ALL that" but ya know what? I need to start doing that, because I'm pretty sure I'm eating more than I think I am "eyeing" my portions.

Thanks so much for posting this, you are a true inspiration--WOOT!!!!!

Glad to help. I don't know if I would have been, or continue to be successful without my scale and measuring cups.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!