Body By VI

Options
I am only posting this here because I want people who have been successful on this program to give me advice. I recently started the vi shakes. Only problem is they taste HORRIBLE. i Have to hold my nose to drink it. I have tried Frozen fruit, orange juice, milk, everything! I have tried a million recipes. All I am asking for is one or two good shakes so I can stick with this, otherwise I am doomed to quit. Please help someone :):):) TIA

Replies

• Breeli0519
    Breeli0519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    HI! I've never tried them but I'm wondering why you would want to continue something that you obviously don't like? My hope for you would be that your journey toward fitness and good health would be marked by things that you enjoy, not things that you are just trying to survive.

Maybe you've dropped at good chunk of change on these shakes and you don't want to waste the money...I can completely understand that...but maybe it's JUST. NOT. WORTH. IT.

Whatever you decide, I want to encourage you on your journey. :-)
  • Ashley578
    Options
    I wouldn't continue to drink them if they were that terrible. You have to enjoy the healthier choices you are making or you will be setting yourself up for failure. I have been having the special k protein shakes for my lunch during my work week, they are convenient and actually taste amazing! On the weekends when I have more time I make my own shakes/smoothies experimenting with different fruits, veggies, whey protein or flaxseed oil.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I love the shakes. Not sure how you are making them. I have several links that I utilize and the shakes taste amazing!!
    https://apps.facebook.com/visalusrecipes/
    http://www.livingsmartgirl.com/2011/08/100-body-by-vi-shake-recipes/
    http://lanasbodybyvi.com/work/the-biggest-most-complete-body-by-vi-recipe-list-over-300-body-by-vi-recipes/

These are the three I use the most. See if those help you
  • schooby2
    schooby2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Tia~
    I am surprised you don't like them and imagine that you have tried everything that I have. My only suggestions, maybe try vanilla almond milk, and frozen fruit. But avoid pineapple or really acidic fruit as that seems to make the shakes separate. I like frozen raspberries and blueberries best. I really don't like the mix-ins but otherwise I love the shakes themselves. So if you don't want them I'll take them off your hands! :wink:
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that got a BMW from recruiting people into that. It kind of reminds me of a cult. They apparently do good work with getting people to lose weight, but all they talk about is the program.

as for the shakes, aren't there tons? i'd say just keep trying them until you find ones you like.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I used Almond Milk when I was doing that (30 lbs in 30 days). I would use my hand mixer or blender to whip them up.

I've lost the other 57 lbs on my own w/o meal replacement shakes.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    If you can't find a flavor/recipe with them that you like, I would say ditch it and stick to other lifestyle changes. Not that shakes are always a terrible idea, but if you are forcing yourself to down them you are more likely to burn out and fall back to into unhealthy eating habits. My mantra is: if it's not something you plan to keep up with the rest of your life, don't start it.
  • LauraW1219
    LauraW1219 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love these shakes and recommend them. I have tried other shakes in the past these shakes to me taste better. I get mine from ebay. I know they offer different flavor packets, but I just drink mine with water. They do the trick for me and I don't have to force them. My mom likes the banana flavor packets with her shakes, but she has to use milk with hers. Everyone is different, but my mom doesn't exercise much do to neuropathy in her left leg and her diabetes. She even lost on these shakes. So I know they work.
  • LORIMCX
    LORIMCX Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    try a cup of chocolate almond milk 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder 1/2 a frozen banana, use a blender
    I drink one everyday for lunch and love it,
    Good luck and if you find you dont like it, go on to something else, eating healthy needs to taste great or you wont stick to it
  • unwonderland
    Options
    Use the powder in baking; you get the nutrients but not the taste
  • Tami316
    Tami316 Posts: 14
    Options
    I lost almost 30 lbs my first challenge and actually just started drinking them again last week in addition to starting this MFP account .... I personally am only going to use them for my breaksfast and other need a quick meal on the go but eat clean foods all other times ....

My favorite is Vanilla Almond Milk with fruit like berries OR I love strawberries with chocolate almond milk .... Hope you find something you like!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    IF you have to force yourself to drink them, and it's not something you will be able to maintain for..well...ever, then why continue? If your not going to make them a permanent part of your diet, then you're not teaching yourself how to eat and/or how to maintain within a specific calorie goal. In the long run, you're forcing yourself to eat things you hate for something that may or may not give you short term benefits. Then, when you gain the weight back, you'll try BBV again because "it worked for you before" and then you're in a cycle of yo-yo diets and weight loss, each time making it harder and harder to lose.

Eat real food, supplement a shake for convenience if you find you that tastes good to you and that's what you want to do (I, personally have protein shakes in the morning for breakfast during the work week), keep your calories at a deficit 90% of the time, through in some exercise and you will then have a good solid sustainable plan for weight loss and a healthy life.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have tried the shake and love it. But it gives me such a sore stomach that I had to quit. I found healthy breakfast alternative that is lower in calorie then the shake and is more filing, I say if you don't like it then ditch it. No use forcing yourself to like something. It's not for everyone
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Good on you for wanting to shed some pounds. Try doing it the good old fashioned way - with food & exercise. I'm sure you would like that better and probably a little easier on the bank account. Probably a lot easier to stick with too - Good Luck:smile:
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    My Sister-in-law sells Body by Vi products and she loves it... I love the shakes! She showed me a neat trick which was on some of the links posted earlier ~ add any flavor of sugar free jello pudding! I use Chocolate Fudge, Banana Cream, Cheesecake, White Chocolate....

8 oz Vanilla Almond Milk
    2 scoops of Vi Shake mix
    4-5 ice cubes or frozen fruit
    1 Tb jello pudding (just the powder)

Blend in my Magic Bullet for a minute or so.... TASTY! :drinker:
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I agree, try the almond milk. I use 8 - 12 ounces of vanilla almond milk, with 1 1/2 cups of frozen strawberries and it is delicious. But if you have found nothing that seems to taste right I would stop using the shakes and just eat very clean and healthy. Either way is very good to get healthy!
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love my sugar free butterscotch pudding and unsweetened almond milk shake. In 32 days I have lost 8 pounds and 4% body fat
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I put 1 tbsp PB2, 1 frozen banana, the powder and 1.5 cups of skim milk and they are great. But I have to agree, if you're having to choke it down it's not something you'll likely be successful with.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    The only reasons people should consider drinking this is pretty much if they refuse to eat regular food and find making this somehow easier than nuking pre-cooked food.

If it tastes bad, what benefits are you getting from this? You're better off getting your nutritional value from real food - lean meats, veggies, or really whatever tastes good to you and fits within your macros. The shakes do NOT cause you to lose weight, a caloric deficit does. You can create this deficit by eating any type of food you wish. Overpriced shakes that you dislike are far from required.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    These shakes are the new "fad diet" in the city I live in. But honestly it just seems like a fad diet rolled up in a pyramid scheme. I know, I know people say they lost so much weight on them (and others brag about the new car they just got from selling them...) but I just can't allow myself to spend THAT MUCH MONEY on shakes... everyday... for the rest of my life (according to their maintance plan).

Nope. I learned from other people and SKIPPED the fad diet part of my weight loss and just went straight into dieting, portion control, healthy foods, and increased physical activity. It's worked so far :) I don't want to just lose weight, I want to be healthy and fit long term!

And it seems to me that if you don't like them, why bother trying to force yourself? There are better solutions out there! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!