Energy decline, why?

Options
I have worked out 6 days a week for about 2 years now and have lost a lot of weight. This week I just am not feeling it. I have done Insanity, p90x, ran, Turbo fire, HIIT, etc... and usually have tons of energy. This week I can barely muster up the strength to do p90x 3x. Plus, it is usually hard to get my heart rate up but on Back and Legs, my heart rate was skyrocketing like it does for HIIT training. I even had to pause a few times which I never do. Anyone have any suggestions on what might be going on?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    You may need to eat more. You are close to maintenance, you should be eating close to maintenance. All that exercise takes fuel, so eat!!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Have you been sick? Are you getting sick? Is it TOM? Those are the things that usually sap my energy and make me feel like I'm running on at half capacity...Also check your vitamin and mineral intakes, esp Iron....and Vit D etc, if you are in winter like most of us, you might just need the extra boost there.
  • contraryquite
    Options
    You may need to eat more. You are close to maintenance, you should be eating close to maintenance. All that exercise takes fuel, so eat!!

Agreed - this is probably the case.

Your body constantly adapts in response to your weightloss so evaluating your calorie intake after so much loss is important. Perhaps even the addition of another rest day would benefit for a time.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough, and google "over training"....
    That was my issue some time back.
    Good Luck!
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options

^^^^ This!

Also, you could be coming down with something. If you continue to have issues though, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go see your doc to make sure something else isn't going on.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Calories are a unit of energy. If you don't have enough energy, you may not have enough calories.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It could be that you are getting sick.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Everyone and their mother's 2nd cousins hair dresser is getting sick.

So that could be it

Since it's just been happening this week.

Also eat more, play around with your calories see what works best
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I recently had the same issue. Taking a 4 day rest break helped tremendously! Afterward I was able to push farther than ever before!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Do you take a diet and exercise rest week from time to time?
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the comments and suggestions. I have never taken a rest week. I think I will just leave it at the 3 days for this week. I just feel guilty :) I led such a sedentary lifestyle before and at 190 lbs was just tired and felt gross all the time. My fear is to go back there. I know I won't after just a week but those who have been there will understand. I have only 6 lbs until I weigh 125 and have busted butt for 2 years to get there losing sooo slowly. Only 15 lbs all of last year.

P.S. i hope I am not coming down with anything. I feel fine, just TIRED.