looking for other busy moms

Options

Replies

• Help4nb
    Help4nb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    hello, busy stay at home mom of 3 , 4 if you include my hubby! lol
    feel free to add me :))
    31 years old and 5ft 3 1/2 " tall been on this site abit now but this year is my year to reach my goal .
  • pbhayl
    pbhayl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm a mom to an almost 5 and almost 2 year old and work full time M-F, while my husband works swing shifts. My initial goal is to lose 84 lbs, but there will be a second goal in the future to reach that 150 lbs mark.
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am mom to a very energetic, almost five year old son. I work between 40 and 50 hours a week, and I am working toward my bachelor's degree. As busy as life tends to get, I have realized that taking care of myself is just as important as taking care of my family. It's tough to leave the house after working all day to get a workout in at the gym or to go for a run, but when my son gets excited to exercise it's all worth it. We have to be examples to our kids, and teaching them the importance of health and fitness helps justify the time away.
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amber. A 29 year old wife and mom of 3. 2 boys ages 10 and 9 and a girl that's 4. My 9 year old has type 1 diabetes and I work full time out of the home. With work, kids sports, tending to my T1D child, and keeping up the home, I stay pretty busy. Always looking for new friends, so anyone can add me.
  • kmy070487
    Options
    Hello ladies! I am also a very busy mom! I work 2 part time jobs and have a bunch of side jobs. I have a 4 and a half year old son that keeps me very busy! I am looking for someone to work with and keep me on track! Request me please and I would love to help keep you on track also!

Katy
  • melmar76
    melmar76 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom and wife that can't seem to prioritize and fit in the exercise! Always looking for support and helpful hints. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • snowshoermom
    snowshoermom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    how do we put ourselves first? I have a really hard time with that. There is always something going on my house. My 10 year old has adhd (that is a full job itself) and is in hockey full time.. my 3 year old is everywhere and my 3 month old is either pooping... eating.. spitting up or wants to held...

Plus then there is the mountains of laundry.. meals need to be cooked..messes need to be cleaned up.... i am currently on mat leave (thank you lord) but before that with 2 kids it was hard working full time plus I was in school via distance... now I have 3 and it scares me.. My husband does help out but I always have to ask him 90% of the time because he doesnt see the work.. and he works away from home alot....

My plate is so full literally that it might topple over...
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a busy mum of a 3 year old and a 19 month old. I work part time as a secondary school teacher so on top of my working at school hours I also have planning and marking to do at home. My husband does shift work too which doesn't help.

I fit my gym around my husband's shifts, put the kids in the gym crèche or go straight after work while the kids are still at nursery, and go at the weekend when my husband is off. I work out 5 times a week usually. I also walk a lot with my kids on my days off.

I love my time at the gym - without that 'me' time I think I'd go insane :laugh:
  • megan5757
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, positivity, and encouragement!
  • desie888
    desie888 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a busy mom... I goto Cosmetology school during the day ( 8 hours a day 5 days a week) and my daughter (12) plays on elite level travel softball and volleyball teams. She has practice 4 nights a week right now, soon to also have tournaments both local and travel on the weekends for both sports. My husband is military and is out of the state or at work most all of the time. I have NO LIFE and I am literally NEVER home. I need to lose at least 100 lbs. I am finding it difficult to avoid eating out! I would love some simple, yet effective ideas on things and ways to have some ready to go snacks/meals that are low cal and yummy. I am new to this so as I gain more knowledge and experience I will give back to the group.

Feel free to add me as well!!
    Desiree
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Snowshoe mom, have you tried wearing your little one? The baby gets the comfort of being held close to you, you can do housework or some exercise with the baby securely snuggled up to you -- AND it's weight training of a sort, since you're doing everything with an extra 10-15 lbs strapped to your chest. :-)
  • snowshoermom
    snowshoermom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    good idea! I might just give that a try :) thanks
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom and wife. Please feel free to add me. :smile:
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Busy mom here as well. Mom of 3. 2 girls 14 & 9 and a 4 year old son. I run an in home daycare & stay super busy with kiddo activities. My girls dance at the local studio and are on the competition team. This has us at the studio 5 nights a week. My oldest also does show choir at school which is 2 nights a week. I feel like a taxicab. I was successful a while back, but let life get in the way. I just started back up today & would love addl support. feel free to friend me.
  • mommacatherine
    Options
    I am also a very busy mom of 2 kids a 5 year old and a 2 year old. I am a nurse who does graveyard 4 nights per week sometimes more. I am new to this site as of today and would love to have a few busy mommas to chat it up with.
  • Darmanin
    Darmanin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Another working mum of 2 here. I have a 2.5 yr odl and a 5 yr old who is just about to start school. Looking to loose 40 kilos by the end of the year. :-) ... thats the plan anyway.
    I started with this site last year then stopped for a while. This year I'm back doing well so far. Off all the soft drink, chocolate and chips since the 1st Jan. Early days yet but feeling good about it this time I can do it!
    1.5 kilos down in a week .... 38.5 to go for my 2013 goal. .... will worry about the rest in 2014. :-)
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Im a single mother to two kids. I am willing to support you. Feel free to add me.
  • NoleenD
    NoleenD Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi there, I am a busy working mum to 2 boys - 5yrs and 2 yrs. Married for 7 years now. Please anyone feel free to add me :smile:
  • Jluvs3clarks
    Options
    Hi There!

I hear ya! There is no rest for the momma!! I am a full time student, and have a 8 year old that is totally into all thing sports and 11 year old, well... she seems to be abducted by an alien recently... To all Mommas out there, feel free to add me! I try to be online daily, and I need to loose more than 100 lbs!

Good luck on your journeys!

Janey
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Another busy mom here, though I think all moms are busy;). I have 5 children and nearing my goal, then to start maintence and keep up on workouts.