BBQ CHICKEN AND VEGGI PUCHES
PREHEAT OVEN TO 425
1/4 C. LIGHT WISHBONE ITALIAN DRESSING
1/4 C. BBQ SAUCE (YOUR CHOICE)
1 LB. BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN CUT INTO BITE SIZE CUBES
1 MED. ONION COARSLY CHOPPED
1 (15OZ.) CAN BLACK BEANS RINSED AND DRAINED
1 TBSP. CHOPPED FRESH CILANTRO
2 C. COOKED BROWN RICE (START EARLY B/C IT TAKES ABOUT AN HOUR)

PREHEAT OVEN TO 425 STIR TOGETHER DRESSING AND BBQ SAUCE IN LARGE BOWL. ADD CHICKEN AND VEGGIES THEN TOSS TO COAT. ADD IN BEANS (I DONT USE THE ENTIRE CAN IT'S JUST TOO MUCH IN MY OPINION) . DIVIDE MIX EVENLY INTO FOIL POUCHES AND SEAL EDGES WITH AIRTIGHT SEALS WITH A DOUBLE FOLD. (MAKES 5 TO 6 POUCHES DEPENDING ON HOW YOU STUFF THEM ) PLACE POUCHES SEAM SIDE UP ON BAKING SHEET FOR 20 MINS IN OVEN OR UNTIL CHICKEN IS DONE. OPEN POUCHES CAREFULLY AND SPRINKLE WITH CILANTRO SERVE WITH COOKED RICE

Replies

• KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious. I don't suppose you have the nutritional info?:bigsmile:
  • size7again
    Options
    Well actually this is a recipe I used when I was on slimfast. I do know that it is 350 calories I know that;s not the full breakdown but it's all I could get... hope this helps (and it is VERY good... even my 6 and 10 yr old boys like this!)
  • size7again
    Options
    ok i finally got onto the sf site and found the info on the pouches!! i made it tonight and used coucos which by the way has the same amout of calories as brown rice (different types of coucos vary in calories i would imagine) but here is the breakdown from the site using brown rice!
    Calories 350 | Calories From Fat 30 | Total Fat 3.5g | Saturated Fat 0.5g | Trans Fat 0g | Cholesterol 65mg | Sodium 900mg | Total Carbohydrates 48g | Dietary Fiber 8g | Sugars 9g | Protein 34g | Vitamin A 20% | Vitamin C 70% | Calcium 6% | Iron 15

hope this helps.. i also entered it in the database for the food just in case others want to make the recipe and also so i wont have to re-enter it again later since this is a fam fav!!
  • meteor5
    meteor5 Posts: 6
    Options
    You keep referring to "veggies" do you just mean the onions or is something missing? Just curious...I can imagine lots of veggies being good in this!
  • size7again
    Options
    you can add lots more but this is the recipe i got from SF and what they called it so i just wrote it down the way they had it. but i like to add more than what is suggested myself it's just a starter type dish i guess because you can take it so many different ways :smile:
  • tlgillespie
    tlgillespie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    YUMMY!!!:smile:
  • size7again
    Options
    SORRY YA'LL I NOTICED TAHT I FORGOT THE BELL PEPPER THATS WHY SOMEONE WAS WONDERING WHY I SAID VEGGIES LOL SORRY!! SO THAT'S ONE LARGE BELL PEPPER CUT INTO BITE SIZE BITS AND ADDDED IN WITH THE ONION..... AGAIN SORRY!!
  • slim4lyf
    slim4lyf Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great recipe will try it this Weekend. You are absolutely correct it is a wonderful Starter recipe. One of my daughters is a Vegetarian and to make this for all of us will be a breeze. Thanks again.

just my2cents :-)
  • meteor5
    meteor5 Posts: 6
    Options
    I was thinking bell pepper or zucchini would be good! I actually made this last night and realized too late that I didn't have any black beans. I always have black beans! lol I used garbanzo beans instead, which was actually a pretty good substitute :)
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Sounds very good, I will have to try this one. Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My family really liked it! :smile:
  • gadgetgizzmo
    Options
    Bump! Sounds yummy!
  • size7again
    Options
    im so glad ya'll liked it...its one of our favs