GASP!! Who is that person in that mirror????

Options
Hey All ! Just about to settle into my 41st birthday on the 20th of this month .. and damn it all if i looked in the mirror and wondered who it was staring back at me. Where does time go? and why is it all settlin around my tummy and butt? Joined this site months ago .. thinkin i could do it all on my own.. just log my food and excersise .. well that didn't work out so well. I'm reachin out to ya's .. hoping we can keep each other motovated and steadfast to our goals .. looking forward to meeting/chatting to ya'll .. keepin our spirits up .. and the lbs down .. :drinker:

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    It's always best to share on here. I find the motivation from other people is great.

I look in the mirror now and see my mom *sigh*

Welcome to the threads neighbour...I live in Mississauga
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    Hello All,

I am from Sudbury but recently moved to Halifax. I too often look in the mirror and think what the?!?! Who is that? What is that? But I have to saw...the 15 lbs that I have lost so far has made me feel the slightliest happier. Looking forward to lose the next 15 and the next 15 after that! One day at a time! Nice to meet you and feel free to add me as a friend if you need motivational buddies!

Hope you are having a great day!! :flowerforyou:
  • thegenealogist
    thegenealogist Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have come in via the iPhone app, this is my first day. I've tried keeping food diaries before, and they have never lasted. This one is so easy to use that it might just be the one to do it for me.
    I too look in the mirror now and see my mother, and remember how she put on a lot of weight around my age.

So difficult to leave the chocolate alone, but part of the psychology of dieting, as with giving up anything, is to tell yourself that you'll have some later, or tomorrow. Not denying yourself anything, you can eat anything you want. Just by eternally postponing having it you don't feel deprived.

I'm feeling positive and hoping I'll be posting some weight loss on here in the near future :-)