Mom of 1 year old - looking to lose 30lbs - Need a friend

Options
Hi,

I'm Sarah, I'm married with a 1 year old beautiful baby girl. I was able to get a little baby weight off right after she was born, but since then I haven't done much about it... until now! I'm 5'3 and currently weigh 188 pounds. I set a goal of 170 pounds for now. I know thats not much and I need to lose much more... but the way I see it, if the goal is obtainable, I'm more likely to stick with it. When I hit 170 pounds, I'll set a new goal.

I like to do at home fitness, just started with Turbo Jam last week. I got it on Amazon.com for dirt cheap. Any other turbo jammers out there? I like it a lot so far.

Anyhow, Just figured I'd probably be more successful with some support from others like me. I've had a hard time getting my friends and family on board. Let me know if you'd like to be friends and motivate one another!

Good Luck to all!

Replies

• AngelicGemma
    Options
    Hello! I just joined today and am also a married mum of a one year old. I'm a similar height too! 5ft 2". I currently weigh 159.5 pounds. I'm hoping to (eventually) get to 121 pounds. Feel free to add me!
  • Lovemyzach
    Lovemyzach Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have a 4 yr old, and sense I've had him I lost half the baby weight plus 35lbs more. I'm 5'7 and 250. I use to be on the depo shot but stopped taking it about a yr. I think I gained a lot of weight from that. But now I know it's because I have a sit down job and like to eat haha. Where are you from? I just signed up today. We want to start trying for our 2nd child when zach starts school this yr, but I don't want to unless I loose 50 lbs. I need motivation too!
  • Swooldridg
    Options
    I'm from a small town in Florida.... about an hour west of Orlando. My husband and I would like to have another little one (if we can afford it! lol) But I too wouldn't want to unless I lose my baby weight + a few extra pounds too.

I like MFP a lot. It's easy to use and really helps me make better decisions regarding food. Hope ya'll like it as much as I do!

There's another app that I'm using (wish it linked to MFP) It's called Nexercise. It logs your exercise (even tracks the motion) and you earn points. You can redeem the points for small gift cards from some of your favorite stores. Pretty cool... and fun because you can compete against friends. That's been a big motivator for me as I am naturally competitive lol