One small binge per week? Help?

Options
For the past week I've been eating 900-1200, with minimal exercise. But today I ate 500 calories worth of sugary cereal. Do you think it's okay to have a one day a week (1800 or less) binge? I'm trying to work the 500 calories off but I've only burned 126 so far.. I feel awful for eating so much. All responses appreciated :).

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    If you are having the urge to binge, up your calories by 200 a day, to more like 1400. You probably aren't eating enough.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    1800 is NOT a binge. And 900-1200 is not enough.
  • zoeyjane138
    Options
    For the past week I've been eating 900-1200, with minimal exercise. But today I ate 500 calories worth of sugary cereal. Do you think it's okay to have a one day a week (1800 or less) binge? I'm trying to work the 500 calories off but I've only burned 126 so far.. I feel awful for eating so much. All responses appreciated :).

dont beat yourself up.. sometmes your body just wants something, and if u know what that is, EAT IT or you wll end up eating everything in sight to try and compensate for what u originally wanted. I actually "treat" myself 2-3 days a week... to keep from eating a gallon of ice cream lol... just add it into your calorie intake... i do , i also do not eat the same calorie amount evry day, i dont want my body to get us to 1200 calories... i range from 1200 to 1400... that way i dont have to feel deprived of anything.... if you feel deprived, ur miserable, and then you dont stick to it...
  • Ericsawicki
    Ericsawicki Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I did my binging today on cheesy poofs. I think that as long as you maintain through the week and you don't go overboard with your snacks, you should be fine. remember, it is a marathon, not a sprint. I'm a chips and beer guy, and it is really hard to break my 2-3 beers and a large bowl of chips a night habit, but I'm trying to earn my snacks. today was an exception, and i'm ok with that. you should be too. Good luck.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    YEAH BOIEEEE...plan for that pig out meal...A cheat meal a week helps me stay sane...and it won't affect your overall plans if you are really sticking to your plan the rest of the week. Cheat meals should be incorporated into everyone's diet plans.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    You're binging because you're not eating enough. Your calorie intake is too low for healthy weight loss, and your body tries to correct by making you binge. Eat no fewer than 1200 NET calories a day and your urge to binge will decrease.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

You are undereating at 900 to 1200, 1800 is not a binge it's a completely normal amount of calories for a healthy adult female. If you honestly think that is please get help for your eating disorder. You are likely craving sugary rubbish because you are starving your body, it cannot tell the difference between a famine and a crash diet.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Yes, it's probably good that you're doing that. 900-1200 calories isn't much of a range at all.
    Staying under 1,800 calories you can eat some pretty great, nutritious food!
    Even staying at 1,400 you can eat good if you make smart choices.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

this.
  • JaniseNikolic
    JaniseNikolic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I have one cheat day a week, usually a weekend day or a special occasion! It helps you stay on track if you know that you can have that treat, just later in the week! Initially cheat day was like a military campaign! We would plan for it and buy groceries and cook the night before....now we have settled down. We generally have our healthy breakie and then slurge on either lunch or dinner and definitely snack in the evening! My other tip is don't eat back the calories you burned with exercise on most days! good luck!
  • IHopie
    IHopie Posts: 14
    Options
    Your starvation diet is going to cause you to fail. The less you eat, the more your body holds onto it's reserve. Boost your intake to a healthy level and you won't need to binge. That wasn't even a binge. Your body was desperate for nutrition and you need to listen. Add a couple hundred good calories per day'
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options

this.

I agree. Not eating enough is horribly counterproductive.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

^^Definitely this!!
  • fitnwhole
    fitnwhole Posts: 227
    Options
    Your calorie intake is too low.
  • Nancy_hc
    Nancy_hc Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I would say you need your binge days since you're not eating enough calories. Just watch your suagr intake. Keep it around 30 grams (specfically the non-natural sugars.. like in your cereal).

Also - consider at upping your calories - a lot of people have had success with feeding their bodies what they need.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have one cheat meal a week, and I have lost 120 pounds. However, I don't eat to get stuffed, and I still stay within my calorie limit.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

^^Definitely this!!

i had 4660 yesterday day and all what did is bring my average to a normal 2200 per day. You have to eat or all you will want to do is binge. Feed yourself well;)
  • MissAbiB
    Options
    I agree with the above - you aren't eating enough. That's why you have needed to binge. You are better toup your calorie intake. But I'm not expert....
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    First off, I agree with those that say 900-1200 calories isn't enough for safe and healthy weight loss.

Second, I personally am allowing myself 1 meal a week where I eat anything I want. I'm going to try to keep it within my calories, but I'm also not going to beat myself up if I go a little over that one day.