My little NSV

Options
I'm sure many women have experienced the struggle of the uncooperative dress zipper at some point in their lifetime. That moment when a dress you really want to wear, or one that used to fit so well, just doesn't anymore. I hit that point 4 months ago. I remember trying this blue dress on in the store and having to suck in with all my might. It finally zipped up but I could barely breath. It was a painful feeling knowing that at 16, I couldn't even fit into the largest sizes in the women's section. A month later, when I attempted to wear the dress again, the sucking in no longer worked. I'd gained so much that even that wasn't an option anymore.

However, this morning I picked up the dress again. I was worried that it still wouldn't fit and that it would only make me feel worse, but when I pulled on the zipper, it slid right up and there was even a little extra room! No sucking in! I know this is a very small feat, but I'm just so proud of how far I've come. I've still got an incredibly long way to go, but I hope I have many more little NSV's like this one!

Hope you all have an amazing day! I know I will :happy:

Replies

• vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That's great, best feeling ever!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    That's great ! What's a NSV?
  • aritchey1977
    aritchey1977 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think that is a BIG victory!! Good job!
  • aritchey1977
    aritchey1977 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Non scale victory
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Non-scale victory :smile:
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I'm sure many women have experienced the struggle of the uncooperative dress zipper at some point in their lifetime. That moment when a dress you really want to wear, or one that used to fit so well, just doesn't anymore. I hit that point 4 months ago. I remember trying this blue dress on in the store and having to suck in with all my might. It finally zipped up but I could barely breath. It was a painful feeling knowing that at 16, I couldn't even fit into the largest sizes in the women's section. A month later, when I attempted to wear the dress again, the sucking in no longer worked. I'd gained so much that even that wasn't an option anymore.

However, this morning I picked up the dress again. I was worried that it still wouldn't fit and that it would only make me feel worse, but when I pulled on the zipper, it slid right up and there was even a little extra room! No sucking in! I know this is a very small feat, but I'm just so proud of how far I've come. I've still got an incredibly long way to go, but I hope I have many more little NSV's like this one!

Hope you all have an amazing day! I know I will :happy:

I know the feeling!

I had a skirt that I bought several years ago that I could *almost* fit, so I bought it because I was sure I would lose 5 lbs and fit into it. Didn't happen :( Finally 5 months into my journey this year, I was able to zip it up...by the time it gets warm enough to wear it again, it will be too big. Last time I wore it I could pull it up and down without unbuttoning it!
  • ckeena30
    Options
    That's awesome! So happy for you!:happy:
  • ohlookdanielle
    ohlookdanielle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!
    You go girl! That's awesome!!! :)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV well done on your great loss :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!