forgot my lunch. need fast food suggestion.

Options

Replies

• dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want and eat a light dinner? I ate a gargantuan from Jimmy Johns last night because I went easy the rest of the day. Why? BEcause a 1000 calorie sandwich is good every once in a while.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    broccoli and cheese soup at panera bread
  • Nancy_hc
    Nancy_hc Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Go to the local grocery store and grab one of those pre-made salads/sandwiches/soup cups. Whole foods has a salad and soup bar which is amazing! and just as quick as going to a fast food place - well, no drive thru though.
  • weightnomore33
    weightnomore33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When I have to eat on the road because of work, I run by a grocery store. Pick up some Greek yogurt, a banana, baby carrots, and some lean meat from the deli. You'll be amazed how much better this is than fast food. You'll be in and out of the grocery store quickly, it is cheaper than most fast food, and you are way healthier!
    Excellent idea
  • csimpson954
    Options
    I often eat at wendys and take my own water. The small chili with the sour cream and chive baked potato (with one butter and all sour cream) is about $3.50 and right around 500 cals I think. It's very filling. I also do the bacon ranch grilled salad at mcd's for about $5. Use your MFP app to look up certain fast food restaurants to get an idea. That's what I do :)
  • meangrl29
    meangrl29 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    did taco bell. 1 crunchy taco with no cheese. not happy about it but i was super hungry.
  • mrwx
    mrwx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Panda express... Panda bowl with mixed veggies and any wok smart entree.... Usually less than 500 calories
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    five guys.

So evil, but yes... 10000 times...
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Chick fil a cold wrap, and add no dressing or very little.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and a banana.
  • RevNS
    RevNS Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How about an egg white omelette at Waffle House or IHOP, or chili from Wendy's and baked potato with salsa. Subway does flatbread egg white omelets too that are high in protein and low cal. :0)
  • fausto412
    fausto412 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Panda express... Panda bowl with mixed veggies and any wok smart entree.... Usually less than 500 calories

wok smart? is that like a healthy option there? I'll have to check it out.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    dollar tree: Progresso soup 200 calories for a can. $1.00

walmart: lean cuisine $2.50
    head of lettuce $1.50
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    wendy's bowl of chili and baked potato
  • speedgoose
    Options
    Wendy's small chili and baked potato
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    wendy's bowl of chili

This so much. I'd live off of this if I could.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I don't know what's close to you, but McDonald's seems to be everywhere.

If you're desperate, McDonald's fruit and yogurt parfait is 160 calories and fairly nutritious, and I think it's still $1.00. It's small, but enough to be satisfying.
  • dmkoenig
    dmkoenig Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Wendy's small chili and a side salad, no salad dressing. Dump the chili on the salad.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Wendy's chili and side salad. Is that stuff still on the dollar menu? Even if it's not, it's still pretty cheap.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Wendy's chili is great and filling.If you live in a metropolitan area, there are chains like Panera, Just Salad, Hale and Hearty Soup, or delis that have soup and salads. Just get dressing on the side and don't layer it with tons toppings.