Feeling guilty and anxious about Rest day

Options
Hi everyone....I know it is important to have a "rest" day from fitness but I am really anxious and nervous about not getting a work out in today. I'm scared that I will be super hungry without having those extra calories to eat that come from exercise. Any advice?:sad:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Guilt is a negative emotion.

You need one rest day. Take it. If you eat more than you want, oh well. It's okay. Guilt is a negative emotion. Forgive yourself any time you eat too much. It's just food.

• ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with going for a walk or getting some light activity in even on your rest day.
  • solbchgal
    Options
    Thanks for your replies...I took your advice Ingeborgv...I went for a stroll on the beach with my family...it was good for my spirit!
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Also, consider that even if you go over on calories today by 200 calories (for example), those calories will burnt during the coming week of exercise. Rest days help the body recharge, and if you consider you calories spread out over the week, you will rarely go over. Also, a light walk sounds wonderful!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Personally, unless someone is in maintenance mode i dint believe in rest days.

Go hard 7 days a week is my motto as im not near maintenance mode.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing on my rest day, but you are doing good by giving your body a rest :bigsmile: