Parmesan Chicken *Pics*

Options
HeidiMightyRawr
HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
Had this yesterday, made a great change to spice up regular boring chicken breast. There were a few changes that I'd make for next time though.

Taken from "BBC Good Food" book. Actual recipe: (serves 4)

- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 egg
- 4 cream crackers
- 50g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2tbsp oil

*Optional*

- 4 heaped tbsp creme fraiche
- 4 tsp sweet chilli dipping sauce
- Crisp salad and new potatoes to serve

I was serving this just for me, so I used less, approximately half (as I quite like bigger portions) There was some crackers, cheese and egg left over though while preparing, hence the odd amounts (0.8 of an egg) in my own log:

parmesanchickennutrition_zpsd898f91f.jpg

Instructions:

- Separate the chicken into breast and fillet pieces. Season all with the lemon juice, salt and pepper (I didn't add salt)
- Beat the egg onto a plate.
- Put the crackers into a bag and crush into crumbs, then mix with the parmesan on another plate.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, then the cracker mixture, pressing it on evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the chicken on either side for 4-5 minutes, until well-browned and crisp.

**Note** I would at least part cook the chicken in the oven first, 4-5 minutes just doesn't seem long enough to cook large chicken pieces all the way through. That's what I did anyway.

- Transfer the chicken to serving plates, spoon some creme fraiche onto each plate and drizzle over the chilli sauce.
- Serve with a crisp salad and steamed new potatoes.

I didn't do the last few points, I didn't really fancy having creme fraiche or dipping sauce, so I just had it with baby potatoes, green beans and a knob of butter on top of the veg!

One thing that I'd change next time is using a higher heat to fry the chicken at the beginning. The cracker mixture never really stuck properly until I stuck it on the largest hob, highest heat (at the recommendation of the bf, who's a much better cook than I am!) which might've been a little late by then anyway. It was still nice though, although quite a strong taste of the lemon. Probably from using the full lemon on half the chicken! :D

Photo0963_zps62990a18.jpg

Replies

• terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yum! I want to invite myself over for dinner! I love all the wonderful protein in your meals.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Mmm that looks amazing!
  • buffykaz
    buffykaz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Looks really tasty!
    I also have a faithful parmesan chicken recipe you might like:
    Take a 200g skinless chicken breast, sprinkle it with 1 tbsp of of grated parmesan cheese and then wrap the breast with a 20g slice of proscutto.
    Bake in the oven for about 25 mins and then eat - mega tasty! Calorie count is 296 cals.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Looks really tasty!
    I also have a faithful parmesan chicken recipe you might like:
    Take a 200g skinless chicken breast, sprinkle it with 1 tbsp of of grated parmesan cheese and then wrap the breast with a 20g slice of proscutto.
    Bake in the oven for about 25 mins and then eat - mega tasty! Calorie count is 296 cals.

That does sound good!! Thanks for sharing! :)