295 pounds lost - Welcome to TwoDerland (With Pics)

Options
1999 weighed 592 lbs had a gastric bypass, got down to 400. Stayed there for a decade.

Feb 22nd 2012 decided I wanted to fly to a rock concert got on a scale, found out I weighed 415 lbs. Came to MFP. Met a lot of people, lost a lot of weight, got a bike, lost a lot more.

Today I finally broke 300. And at 296.8 pounds I'm almost half the man I used to be.

progsmall9.jpg

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Way to go that's rocking progress!

Were you able to find a bicycle designed for ... yourself? I only have heard of one company that has a vendor locally and they're specced for 375 total load, which would be me and about half my gear on any trip I've got in mind. Or did you just pick one and stick to the bike-paths so not to stress the welds etc?

I ask just because i've already bent one frame but that was some trail riding and a log that I didn't get the wheel up over in time... no more "through the frame" cable runs for me.
  • dawnb321
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the great work!!
  • CraigAtter
    Options
    Absolutley awe inspiring well done thats amazing.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, sir. You have kicked the most *kitten* today!
  • liamweightloss
    Options
    woah thats amazing!!! well done!
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You don't even look like the same person!!! GREAT progress!!!!!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    :drinker: WOW! Now that deserves a big THUMBS UP!
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    wowowowowowowow!
    nice, nice work!
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Way to go that's rocking progress!

Were you able to find a bicycle designed for ... yourself? I only have heard of one company that has a vendor locally and they're specced for 375 total load, which would be me and about half my gear on any trip I've got in mind. Or did you just pick one and stick to the bike-paths so not to stress the welds etc?

When I hit 350 I emailed a local bike shop. I gave them the whole story and they sold me this used monstrosity they cobbled together. I've never bent anything, though I did have to get a bigger seat and I'm so damn strong I just realized I broke one of the petals today.

smallbike.jpg
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! I love seeing your continued progress :happy:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    HOWIE , brother you are a ROCK STAR, You are nothing short of awesome and a great supporter on MFP. Your story could be a Book then Movie with really good actors and winning awards and stuff.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Freaking awesome!!
  • Sarahsarahsarahk
    Sarahsarahsarahk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Omg!!! You look amazing!! Awesome job!!!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Honey, you know how I know you're awesome?

Because you come here, every damn day, you work your *kitten* off, you inspire others, and you don't quit. You, sir, are a mfkn rockstar! I'm insanely proud (or maybe just insane :laugh: ) to have you here as a very long time friend.

I look forward to your posts, your progress and your happiness :)
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! What dedication!!! You are such an inspiration to all of us!! Proud of You!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Truly fantastic. Well done.
  • hacker1234
    hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • beatlebomb
    Options
    You are very great inspiration to follow. Thank you so much for sharing. :smile:
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Wow amazing! Keep up the awesome work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!