Anorexia?

Options
Hey I am wondering are there any people here suffereing from anorexia? I used this site a long time ago to help me gain 1 pound a week when i was pregnant and to track my nutrition to make sure I was giving the baby the best nutrition. I quit using the site when the baby was born, but then I developed an eating disorder. I wasn't worried about loosing the baby weight. It just happened that way i guess. But I'm back trying to gain 1/2 a pound a week. I'm starting small. a while a go I was 75 pounds but not I'm up to 92 and I just can't really get past that. so i'm using this site to help me again.

Replies

• Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Browse all the different groups. I know theres at least one eating disorders group on here and maybe more.
  • kmralston18
    Options
    yeah I saw one but it wasn't the people who suffer from it they were just talking about the disorder itself.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I'll bump for you trying to find supportive friends!

Best wishes!
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    There's a group called Eating Disorders Support. That one might be good. (Unless thats the one u r talking about).. I dont suffer from anorexia, but the disorder has always fascinated me i guess because of the way the mind works. But i had stumbled across that group and thought it may help.
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best on your journey to get healthy. You are SO worth your life and so is your child. Congrats on your weight gain as of current ;).
  • growingsmaller3
    growingsmaller3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been diagnosed with Anorexia. Feel free to add me for support, but please do be aware that I may be triggering.
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Honey I'm not sure you should be looking for anorexic friends, as the post above says and I'm sure you know, it is an illness associated with often horrifyingly raw emotions that may be triggering to your own problems. If I were you I would look on this site for people generally trying to gain weight without the added issues attached to it. Focus on yourself and do not get bogged down by other people's pain and torment.

I wish you all the luck in the world and a huge well done for taking steps in the right direction :)
  • TyL17
    TyL17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was anorexic in high school(185-142 in 30ish days, still hold the record at my doctors office last I checked) , good times.. started to flare back up a few years ago as well, (dropped to 136 from 190)

Have you tried studying food and nutrition? I found that once I pulled the curtain back on the wizard and cleared up a lot of my misconceptions it really helped me to understand the negatives of anorexia ... they really outweigh the positives, trust me!