Cla tablets! Weight loss help

Options
2»

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! But I really struggle eating 1200 calories I always have about 250 always left so increasing them I wouldn't knw what else to eat!

A lifetime of not so healthy habits from an eating disorder, plus just not feeling very hungry, left me with the same problem unless I go out to eat; my go to way to up calories is using olive oil or snacking on some sort of nut. Surefire way to up calories without "stuffing" yourself needlessly. Use full fat versions of things if you use fat free/low fat versions (dairy, snacks, whatever).
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    2 stone is 28 lbs right? If so that's probably too lofty of a goal. 2 lbs per week is considered a safe amount to lose, so that would mean 16 pounds IF you don't stall out. Setting a time frame like that always makes me nervous, it's setting yourself up to be disappointed if you don't make it, even if you made a lot of progress.

As for weight loss supplements, in general they don't work.

Just eat at a reasonable deficit, get some exercise, and be patient.

ETA: a quick (unscientific) google search reveals that Cla is controversial and has a small amount of research supporting its effectiveness.

Still, your focus should be on eating right and getting exercise. Even if it works as promised, the supplement isn't going to perform any miracles.

Yes 28 lbs! I knw I won't lose this really quick but my weightloss is at a standstill! Don't knw what to do. I'm not losing not even a 1 lbs a month

Your loss is stalling because you are likely not eating enough to support healthy organ function. Eat more.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! But I really struggle eating 1200 calories I always have about 250 always left so increasing them I wouldn't knw what else to eat!

How many times a day are you eating? If you are eating four or more times a day you must be eating like a bird to only hit 1000 and it's unlikely you are eating all the recommended servings from each food group. Divide your daily calories and macronutrients up between four to six meals and start as soon as you arise.

Eat more nuts, seeds, oily fish, hard cheese, cocoa powder or dark chocolate, block creamed coconut, avocado, dried fruit. All calorie dense yet nutritious.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Don't mean to be rude, but if you're having trouble eating 1200 calories then you wouldn't be on here in the first place. You're not having a problem with eating, you're stressing over your food way too much. I did the same thing when I started. It doesn't take much to add calories. On top of what you're eating already just add a couple more foods like:

A banana
    Apple with or without peanut butter
    Grapes
    A cup of milk or chocolate milk
    Piece of toast
    Almonds, cashews or peanuts are high in calories
    Crackers (with or without cheese)
    Cheese (cheese string)
    Granola bar, nutrigrain bar or my fave - oatmeal to go bar (120-170 cals)
    A bowl of cereal
    Oatmeal
    A salad

You're going to get to the point where you won't lose at all, because your calories are too low. So whether or not you add a couple hundred calories in your day is up to you. My suggestion; if you want to lose weight add some calories!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Don't mean to be rude, but if you're having trouble eating 1200 calories then you wouldn't be on here in the first place. You're not having a problem with eating, you're stressing over your food way too much. I did the same thing when I started. It doesn't take much to add calories. On top of what you're eating already just add a couple more foods like:

A banana
    Grapes
    Piece of toast
    Cheese (cheese string)
    A bowl of cereal
    Oatmeal
    A salad

You're going to get to the point where you won't lose at all, because your calories are too low. So whether or not you add a couple hundred calories in your day is up to you. My suggestion; if you want to lose weight add some calories!

Just because this greatly annoys me when this comes up...

Outside of the minority of people on here who are trying to lose weight that came on from a medical reason, appetite can very quickly acclimate. It's not uncommon for people to go from 2000 to 1200 calories, and after a few days of this, quickly find their appetite changing to accommodate for lower calories. It's the old "shrinking stomach" deal (which is a misnomer, obviously, as not eating as much does not change stomach size).

OP, what's your exercise? People who tend to reduce calories, but exercise quite a bit either through aerobic or anaerobic WILL have more hunger than those who are more sedentary/don't have eating issues of "eating out of boredom" or misplaced hunger.

Incorporating exercise should be done for overall health (bone density, cardiovascular, etc.) anyway, but doing so will help rev your appetite, making it easier (and more necessary) for you to get in more calories.
  • princesselle1
    princesselle1 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

A banana
    Grapes
    Piece of toast
    Cheese (cheese string)
    A bowl of cereal
    Oatmeal
    A salad

Just because this greatly annoys me when this comes up...

Outside of the minority of people on here who are trying to lose weight that came on from a medical reason, appetite can very quickly acclimate. It's not uncommon for people to go from 2000 to 1200 calories, and after a few days of this, quickly find their appetite changing to accommodate for lower calories. It's the old "shrinking stomach" deal (which is a misnomer, obviously, as not eating as much does not change stomach size).

OP, what's your exercise? People who tend to reduce calories, but exercise quite a bit either through aerobic or anaerobic WILL have more hunger than those who are more sedentary/don't have eating issues of "eating out of boredom" or misplaced hunger.

Incorporating exercise should be done for overall health (bone density, cardiovascular, etc.) anyway, but doing so will help rev your appetite, making it easier (and more necessary) for you to get in more calories.

Thank you so much for understanding! I think I need to get some excercise in place for kick starting this weight loss