Old(er) lady reaches Onederland! Woot!

Options
JanaCanada
JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
I've been on every diet known to man, from Atkin's to Optifast. I have yo-yo dieted so often, lost and gained so many times, that by all calculations, I should now be hanging from a charm bracelet. lol :laugh:

At 53 years of age, I weighed 225.5 lbs. and had just about given up until I joined MFP in mid Sept. 2012. OMG, I have learned soooo much here! I was doing it completely worng my whole life! NOW I believe I have the tools to lose weight and permanently, too, because this is not a diet for me...this is a life plan, and I have sooo much to live for! :drinker:

So...drumroll, please.....Today I met my first goal: I finally reached ONEDERLAND after weighing in today at 198.5 lbs! :bigsmile:

I still have a ways to go, but I am totally committed...and soon, I hope to incorporate moderate lifting to tone me aging muscles!

I am so blessed to have such wonderful MFP pals who truly inspire, encourage, and support me at all times, every step of the way. Thank you, pals! :flowerforyou: :heart:

Replies

• DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    congratulations! won't be long =)
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations on making it to onderland. :flowerforyou:
  • Amandagail1981
    Options
    Congratulations! I hope to join you in onderland one day!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's so awesome! And you have a cutie-pie puppy too!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Congrats to You!!! I remember hitting onederland too, such a great feeling. This is THE best place to be. :drinker:
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! Awesome!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!!!! Congrats!
  • Moka_Lady
    Options
    I love that term 'Onderland' I'm right behind you! Great job!! =)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Congrat, great job. Love your blog by the way
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Fantastic you must be very proud :flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy: :wink:
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your hard work and dedication. I'm soooo looking towards that goal as well.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Congrats on lessons learned and applied!

One question - why wait to begin lifting? Start now your bones will thank you! If I can do it at 60 you can do it at 54!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w-

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/4618-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

Osteoporosis prevention is much easier than osteoporosis repair!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Congrats on lessons learned and applied!

One question - why wait to begin lifting? Start now your bones will thank you! If I can do it at 60 you can do it at 54!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w-

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/4618-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

Osteoporosis prevention is much easier than osteoporosis repair!

Thank you all!

And thank you, 2hoobbit1 for the links! I am having knee surgery soon and want to heal from that before starting a regimen of lifting, as I will be in the care of a physical therapist whose brain I can pick about weights, reps, and such. At 60, you are amazing...a true inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and hitting 1-derland! You're doing marvelously well! My question is why wait for the strenght training? I'm 67 years old and started strength training at about 225 lbs. It's amazing how quickly I've been able to increase the weights that I work with. Most important, though, are the things I can do now that I couldn't do before taking up the weights. I went sledding with my grandkids yesterday. Before, I couldn't have hiked the hill without getting winded. Before, I wouldn't dare get my *kitten* down on a snow saucer because I would have needed assistance to get up off the ground. Before, I wouldn't dare spend a few hours at the mall going from store to store. I would have found a seat with the old people and watched life pass me by.

Please don't wait to do the weights. You'll be getting a head start on the fit and toned bod you want for when you actually do get old. I'm doing it now so I'll have the bod I want when I actually get old. Not there, yet!

Edited because the computer printed what I typed instead of what I meant to type.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I've been on every diet known to man, from Atkin's to Optifast. I have yo-yo dieted so often, lost and gained so many times, that by all calculations, I should now be hanging from a charm bracelet. lol :laugh:

At 53 years of age, I weighed 225.5 lbs. and had just about given up until I joined MFP in mid Sept. 2012. OMG, I have learned soooo much here! I was doing it completely worng my whole life! NOW I believe I have the tools to lose weight and permanently, too, because this is not a diet for me...this is a life plan, and I have sooo much to live for! :drinker:

So...drumroll, please.....Today I met my first goal: I finally reached ONEDERLAND after weighing in today at 198.5 lbs! :bigsmile:

I still have a ways to go, but I am totally committed...and soon, I hope to incorporate moderate lifting to tone me aging muscles!

I am so blessed to have such wonderful MFP pals who truly inspire, encourage, and support me at all times, every step of the way. Thank you, pals! :flowerforyou: :heart:

Wow...I am so proud of you:flowerforyou: You are truly an inspiration and thank you so much for posting this!!!!
  • Sarahsarahsarahk
    Sarahsarahsarahk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing!!!! So happy for you!!
  • TeashaLorna
    TeashaLorna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Way to goCongratulations on you success.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

I could have wrote this mysef :)
    Congrats, onederland is a great place, it ramped up my motivation to never ever ever see it again.

You have done fantastic, well done.
    I am also in Canada :)
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,254 Member
    Options
    You're (were) my twin. I started MFP at 225.6 pounds and I'm also 53. I'm so happy for you and hope to join you soon. My goal is 199 by April 1st...I'm currently 220. It's great to see it can be done even at our age. You're my inspiration. Congratulations!
  • Valencia123456
    Valencia123456 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know how that feels!! I just did it two weeks ago!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!