Ground Turkey Recipes

Options
paulathoren1
paulathoren1 Posts: 52 Member
Anyone have great ground turkey recipes? I am trying to keep the calorie and fat count low withough having to eat sawdust. This meatloaf recipe is GREAT!

Turkey Meatloaf:

Ingredients:
3/4 cup onions, finely chopped
3/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
½ medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
½ medium green pepper, finely chopped
3 clove garlic clove, minced
2 cups mushrooms, chopped
1/4 tsp table salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground nutmeg
¼ cup worchestershire
4 egg whites
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup non-fat milk
2 1/2 pound uncooked ground turkey breast
3/4 pound raw turkey sausage

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Sauté all vegetables and garlic. Finely chop all vegies and garlic. Saute about 10 minutes until moisture from the mixture has evaporated. Cool completely
3. Add next 8 items down to the meat and blend well.
4. Add meat and bread crumbs and kneed until completely mixed.
5. Form into a low loaf of bread and put in a 9 X 13 pan. Put that pan inside a slightly larger pan and fill the outside pan halfway with boiling water.
6. Cook at 375 for about 55 minutes.
7. Remove from water bath and let sit until cool

Replies

• Tiff4378
    Tiff4378 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I made a Ground Turkey Lasagna last weekend that turned out tasty.

9 Uncooked Lasagna Noodles
    1/2 of 20 oz package of Jennie O Ground Turkey
    1 Cup Reduced Fat Cottage Cheese
    1 Large Egg
    1 8 oz bag of Kraft 2% shredded Mozzarella
    2 cups of Ragu Sauce

Cook Turkey. Combine Cottage cheese, 3/4 bag of cheese, egg and cooked turkey in bowl. Spray glass 9x13 with non stick cooking spray. Lay 3 strips of noodles in glass dish. Layer with cottage cheese mixture. Spread 1/4 cup sauce over cottage cheese layer. Repeat. Layer last 3 noodles on top. Spread 1/2 cup sauce over top of noodles. Place in oven on 350 for 1 hour. Then add last cup of Ragu Sauce and remaining cheese and bake for 10 additional minutes.

Cut into 9 servings. With the brands of ingredients I used each serving was 256 calories, 26 carbs, 9 grams of fat and 9 grams of protein.
  • paulathoren1
    Options
    forgot the most important part - 188 calories, 12 servings :)
  • paulathoren1
    Options
    this looks great - will try tomorrow!!
  • tx_mom72
    Options
    bumping for ideas :-)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Cook This Not That has a good turkey meatloaf recipe.
  • Verla7
    Verla7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I make a ground turkey spinich roll that everyone loves, I got the recipe online from taste of Home, it is a remake. It is delicious and nutritious. for the recipe you could just google taste of home ground turkey spinich roll or loaf.
  • karengeiger1
    Options
    Mexican Meatloaf

1 1/2 lbs ground turkey, chicken or fat free beef crumbles
    1/2 c. bread crumbs
    1 tbsp. onion flakes
    8 oz tomato sauce
    4 oz diced green chilies
    1/4 c. egg substitute
    1 envelope taco seasoning mix
    1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray. In bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese. Divide turkey mixture in half. Place first half in pan. Sprinkle cheese on top, then add remaining turkey on top. Bake for 45 min to an hour until lightly browned and cooked through. Serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired.
  • TurtleTape
    TurtleTape Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I made turkey stuffed peppers in my crock pot last weekend, I still have two of the peppers in the freezer ready to be eaten.

The main ingredients are just:
    1lb ground turkey (or whatever meat)
    1cup cooked (or uncooked instant) rice
    4 bell peppers
    tomato paste (flavored or unflavored, or canned tomatoes)

You can add in whatever you want, too, I put in garlic last time and I'm going to add in an onion next time I do this. Take the tops off the peppers and clean out the major ribbing inside and the seeds, keep the tops. Mix it all together and divide it into the peppers, put the tops back on. Put them in the crock pot with maybe an inch of water. I cooked on low for seven hours, but I think you can cook on high for 3 and it'll be fine, just temperature check your meat (of course, you could cook it in the oven, too, I'm sure).

When I took them out the stems literally pulled away from the extra pepper meat on the tops without any pressure, and I mixed it all up with some quacamole and light sour cream. It was just below 500 calories altogether per pepper for what I put in, including the quacamole and sour cream, and only 300mg or so of sodium.