New! Let's do this!

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Katie. I'm 30 from PA. I'm a full time working mommy of 2 and I am currently sitting at 224lbs and I'm 5'5. (Down from 230 in early December!) I've got a lot of weight to lose and something just clicked with me over the holiday break. I'm finally ready to do this. I'm not giving myself any goal weights as of now, just trying to celebrate ANY weight lost. I'm really mostly logging my food and watching portions, plus doing a Leslie Sanson 1 mile video every day. So far, so good. I know this will be slow going, I know there will be great temptation and I will battle my laziness... but I'm ready. As an added incentive, my very best friend is getting married in October and I cannot walk down the aisle in a bridesmaid dress and feel comfortable at this weight. So, hi everyone! I'd love to make some new friends on here to share successes and encouragement!

Replies

• cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Options
    WELCOME!! we CAN and WILL do this!! Add me if you'd like! here for you!
  • emr0034
    emr0034 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am here for you along the journey! Feel free to add me! :)
  • taffymangos
    taffymangos Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too. i will happy to support and encourage you on your journey to better health.
  • Texgal9816
    Texgal9816 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We can all be successful at this! Good luck on your journey:flowerforyou:
  • KatieD060982
    KatieD060982 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've added everyone so far! Thanks!!!!
  • slimcakelady
    slimcakelady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend!
  • sveltekitty
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you are ready to go! Feel free to add me, we're close in age. :)
  • niecysj
    niecysj Posts: 12
    Options
    Wecome! and you can add me as a friend, same height, same weight, we can do this together!!!
  • mwownbey
    Options
    Please add me. I am 5'5" and 233 so about at the same place. I would love to do this with you
  • aidslady
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Carol, I just turned 41 on Jan 3rd. I am a workaholic and I often have been eating on the go. Over the past 5 years I've gained well over 75 lbs. I've always been a "big girl" but I always felt energetic. Now that I'm older with this added weight...it's literally weighing me down. I had an event at my work this past weekend and was on the local news station twice. Seeing myself on television was a real wake up call. I know how I see myself but to see myself through that view...it was overwhelming how large I actually appear. So...I'm here. I'm going to try. I want to be healthy and feel better and quite honestly my vanity is pushing me more than anything. So...I've set a goal of about 50 lbs. When I get there, I'll re-evaluate and reset my goal. I can't deal with the larger 3 digit numbers just yet, it's just way too daunting. It's a new day.
  • blue_eyedgirl_4u120
    Options
    feel free to add me.. i just joined today and only have a couple friends. i really need the support :) .. im a single mother of two little boys. one is 8 the other is 3. and i want to lose this weight for THEM as well as myself. i want to be healthier so that i can be around and watch them grow for many more years. for the past few years i have had no energy at all. i wake up tired..i have asked the doctors before to test my vitamin b cause someone had mentioned it to me.. but they wouldnt do it.. said i didnt need to be tested for it.. well couple weeks ago i told them again that i wanted it done.. i got the same answer but she ended up running the blood work without telling me because i was getting blood work done for something else as well.. lady from the lab called me and told me my results. come to find out I DO HAVE A VITAMIN B DEFICIENCY. so i go next week to find out if i will be put on pills or if i will have to get vitamin B shots every month. i hope that this will bring my energy level up enough to were i will be able to work out and be able to play more with my children. (if you feel something is wrong with you and your doctors try to brush it off.. INSIST that they do something. it might save your life)
  • Pammy820
    Pammy820 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    sent you a request! iam 5'5 also but have a bit more weight on me! Hopefully we can lose this together!
  • mrsnelson16
    mrsnelson16 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome !!!! We are all in this together :smile: