Spaghetti Squash

Options
SoldierDad
SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
Whats the best way to cook it? How do you prepare it?
Thanks and God bless!

Replies

• pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I just cut mine in half and microwave it. I like it with a little butter (ok, I use soy butter) and salt and pepper. My kids prefer it drowned in spaghetti sauce, so they can't taste it.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I cut it in half clean out the seeds, put it cut side down in a glass pan put in about 1/2 inch water and microwave until tender. Depending on the size, I sometimes just leave the skin and scrape the squash loose add my sauce and use the skin as my bowl.
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    After its cooked I tried layering it with sauce, some cheese and veggies and made a "lasagna" it was AMAZING and very low in calories. (I used homemade sauce to help control the salt)
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I either cut it in half and bake it or boil it. Baking takes forever - but it tastes better! Just salt and pepper the halves and place them face down on a pan you have sprayed with nonstick spray!
  • empiremom
    empiremom Posts: 52
    Options
    it is amazing! you can microwave it...but baking is better. most raw foodists will agree it is great raw!

i use it in place of rice or pasta. it has a great consistency like rice noodles. curry chicken is FABULOUS on a bed of squash in fact my husband prefers it to rice!