Anyone doing WW?

Options
I am currently enrolled online in WW but feel the support and motivation is so much better on here so I do both ;)

Anyone else with me?

Replies

• Quiggs1982
    Options
    I'm doing both. Mostly because I have trouble with the whole all fruits and veggies are 0 points things. I also find that support is better here.
  • kimmostime
    kimmostime Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is it hard to do both? I have trouble logging once let alone twice. :)
  • stacey2525
    stacey2525 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't track here faithfully but I do log in all the time ;)
  • gloryweissert
    Options
    I DIDNT LOOSE ANYTHING ON WW..:(
  • KarenDrebert
    Options
    I am doing both I attend meetings, but find it comprehensive to track this way.
  • gloryweissert
    Options
    YEA ME TOO..I CAN EAT FRUITS AND VEGGIES ALL DAY AND STILL NOT LOOSE
  • rskmom
    rskmom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    On WW and also keeping tracking on Myfitness pal. I think even though fruits are "free or no points" on WW, if you consume too much the sugar will halt weight loss. I think 2 - 3 pieces of fruit is all you should have. WW a very slow process, but works for a lot of people, keeping my fingers crossed!
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was miserable on WW...hungry and sad. I know it works for some and I hope it's working for you. I love the great friends I've made on MFP and I never feel alone.
  • rskmom
    Options
    Are you following any particular diet plan now?
  • Quiggs1982
    Options
    I don't find it hard to do both. I get online before I go to bed each night and plan all my meals and snacks for the next day. This way I know exactly what I am eating.

I find it interesting that on WW it will show that I have points left for the day (like 10-15 or more), but on here the calories add up (because of the not counting fruits and veggies). I lost 62 lbs. on WW, but I felt like I needed a change. Once my point value went down and I was told to eat more fruits/veggies to make myself "full", I noticed the weight loss stop. So, I use this to make sure I am actually counting everything that goes in my mouth.
  • Aliykat
    Aliykat Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm doing both and it seems to be working fine, WW helps build healthier habits etc.
    It doesn't make sense to me that some on MfP to lose weight and eat pizza, Doritos ice cream Ect everyday And can still lose and keep the weight off healthy.
    I like WW for the aspect that it encourages you to eat healthy recipes not just whatever you want. Though a treat now and again is always ok!

Again just my opinions so far since I started ww three weeks ago I'm down 4.6 pds and alone with MFP it just helps me keep a good idea of the calories and nutrition as well as the points.

I like both so far, but each person is different and not All diets work the same for everyone.

Also ww doesn't say to eat tons and tons of veggies and fruits to get full, it's in moderation. If you are sensible and eat meals through out the day with fruits and veggies I feel satisfied not full.

Good luck! :)
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I lost all of my weight on WW Points Plus.

I love the zero point fruit. It did not hinder my loss at all.
  • Miller4053
    Options
    I've lost 59 lbs on ww and attend meetings and just started mfp. Felt like I needed a change.
  • watchthis1970
    watchthis1970 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am a Weight Watchers member. I have not in the past tracked as well as I should. I have now redevoted myself to tracking online. I do go to the meetings and find a great deal of support in the meetings, I started on here after hearing a great deal about it on some facebook pages I follow who use it. So far I have tracked every day since last Wednesday on my WW app, i Have tracked on here everyday since I joined on here. . Every meal, Every bite I have it logged.
  • d77redneck2004
    Options
    I'm glad I saw this question. I just found MFP a couple of days ago and I've also been thinking about doing the WW online/meetings thing. I'm getting in the hang of tracking everything passing my lips but I may need some actual accountability too. I look forward to reading posts from everyone to see what is working ..
  • girl_in_charge
    Options
    back in 2003 i did ww for 6 months n went from a size 20 to size 12.. i loved doing it!! i just started it again but im not doing to class or anything i just bought the old 2003 edition point books n ima do it on my own n use mfp as my motivation and support group!!! i fully believe in ww!! :))
  • rskmom
    Options
    Seems like you hit a plateau, do you exercise. Maybe incorporate some walking or some aerobic activity
  • rskmom
    Options
    Its good to know that so many people have had success using MFP and/or WW. Today is the beginning of a new week, lets all make it a good one! Good luck everyone!
  • fatpoppy
    fatpoppy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    WW can be good when you have the right motivator/leader. I was put off by the leader who just talked about her family every meeting instead of motivating us.