Paleo Pumpkin-Walnut Muffins aka Heaven in your mouth.

Options
MLeigh18
MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
Paleo Pumpkin-Walnut Muffins

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup almond flour/meal
2 eggs
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
Coat muffin pan with non-stick spray or use muffin papers
Bake 32-35 minutes
Let cool before serving

(I would suggest adding a dash more pumpkin spice to really bring out the flavor! Or a little bit more honey to make it even sweeter.)

Also, since I have 1/2 can left of the canned pumpkin (with no other uses for it at the moment) but no more almond butter, I'm going to try my next batch with regular peanut butter.

Makes 8-10 muffins. I got 9 out of it.

And I didn't do a break down of the macros, just added up the calories.

The total comes out to 1,560 calories for the entire batch according to the exact recipe above.
(I used Libby's 100% pure canned pumpkin, Bob's Almond flour/meal, Thrifty Bee honey, and All-Natural Almond butter. All of which are found at Walmart.)

So since I got 9 muffins that breaks down to 173 calories per muffin. Now, I can go through and figure out the remaining macros but I hate math.

Replies

• BenderFitness
    Options
    This sounds delicious!!! I am going to check if I have all of the ingredients. I think I just need to get the flour!
  • xoyasminxo
    Options
    Ooo!!! Will try this soon.
  • Jojo1470
    Jojo1470 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Totally making these! Thank you for sharing! :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Awesome and I think I just saw they found and dated some ancient baking powder back to paleolithic times
  • NitaCB
    NitaCB Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Sound delicious!
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    WARNING - My wife is making these muffins right now (they're in the oven). However, she was suspicious about the stated amount of calories and such in the muffins. So she ran it through the MFP recipe builder. According to her numbers, the muffins are 2079 calories for the batch, and 231 each (based on the 9 muffins she got). They have 4 grams of fiber each, 18 grams of carbs, 18 grams of fat, 8 grams of protein, and 68 mg. of vitamin A. YOUR mileage may vary.
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    While we have NOTHING against anyone who loves these muffins, neither my wife nor I can recommend them. The ingredients are VERY expensive and we were ummm... not impressed with either the taste (sawdust) or texture (lumpy sawdust). However, we fully recognize and understand that YOU may love them.