Headaches!

Options
Whenever i find myself dieting or eating cleaner i get headaches almost every day! I make my calories so its not that im starving myself, i eat meat and clean. I dont know why i get these headaches. Anyone else get them or know why i get them?

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    How is your sleep? I suffered with terrible migraines for several years and my neurologist eventually asked me if I was going to bed at the same time every night and getting up at the same time every morning. Since I was working retail, my hours were wonky. I was getting 8-10 hours a night, but my sleep was not a restful, quality sleep.

I think some of it might be hormonal too. Do you get them during certain times of the month?

If you get more than two headaches a month, it's worth asking your doctor about.
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Often times lowfat or nonfat foods are sweetened with artificial sweeteners that give me headaches. Try cutting out diet sodas, lowfat yogurts, or any other such foods.
  • miatemple
    miatemple Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Water, water and more water! Hydration is key, no matter your diet but especially when changing your diet. If you dont like water, I suggest putting lemon, cucumber, or apple slices in your water and use a sweetener like splenda to help make it go down easier. Yummy and healthy! I make a pitcher b/c I often go through it quickly. Sometimes I add a straw to help consume more faster and its fun to drink with a fun colored straw!