HCG Diet - Day One of Phase Two

Options
The HCG diet is extreme. The daily calorie count is aroung 500. I am an older dieter but have been on MFP for well over a year and am stuck. I want to lose about 25 more pounds. So I decided to try the HCG diet for 21 days.

I just had my first meal. I cooked about 3 cubs of cabbage in a bit of low sodium/low fat chicken broth. I added 3.5 oz of chichen breast. I seasoned with sea salt. It tasted fine. I am satisfied. And the calories are only 200. I also had a medium apple (80 calories) for breakfast and a piece of Melba toast for about 20 caloires.

I am also drinking hot water. I am allowed one more piece of fruit, another 3.5 ox of protien, and 2 to 3 cups of approved vegetables.

I am determined to stop this diet if anything feels wrong. I am keep a wordpress blog. http://itsallthesamediet.wordpress.com
I am having an interesting time keep track of this diet.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Please don't do it. 25 lbs can be done in a much healthier manner, and 25 pounds isn't going to cause you as much harm as the HCG "diet".

They have disallowed these discussions in the main forums....just so you know.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.