Has anyone ever did TOPS and what did you think of it?

Options
I have been given some thought to going to a TOP meeting and I was just wondering if anyone and has ever gome to one and what did they think of it. Was it worth the money? Time?

Replies

• AKNELSON76
    Options
    depending on the age group (no disrespect intended) - i attended a meeting about 4 years ago and found i was one of the youngest members and the group seemed to be more of a social gathering for the locals and not really anything diet or fitness awareness.
  • Cath9797
    Options
    I have done TOPS in the past. It uses a lot of the same principles that fitness pal offers. I am new to fitness pal but I am liking it better than others methods I have tried to keep track of calories. TOPS encourages keeping a food diary, logging exercise and water intake. If you are motivated by having to weigh-in weekly and are looking for social support you might find it valuable. It is pretty inexpensive and there is no prescribed set of foods you are allowed. Also, you can attend a meeting for free to check it out. I would highly recommend you do that as different groups seem to be more serious about weight loss than others.
  • becki1815
    becki1815 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I did TOPS for years. It is definitely an older crowd and I found lots of excuses why their ailing knees or something stopped them from exercising. I did like the accountability of facing a scale every week and I needed that. However, it wasn't until I did Jenny Craig that I actually lost my weight. I needed a plan, someone to tell me what to do, rather than let me figure out myself what went into my mouth. Everyone is different, but that's what did it for me.
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    thanks for the input. I will check out Tuesdays meeting. I love the support I get here.