Middle aged teacher and mother to 3

Options
Hello I am Laura from Ohio. I teach kindergarten by day and come home to 3 teens at night! For the past year I have been to the gym 4-5 days per week working out for over an hour each time. My family is a very much meat and potatoes and I am trying to break that but salads make us "cranky". My goal is to loose 30-40 lbs by summer time.

Replies

• jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site. you've made a positive decision to change...and that's the 1st step. we are here to support you in any way we can. we are all here for a reason. the bigger the circle, thr stronger we are. You can do this. i'm from Ohio as well. just signed up this week so i am beginning this journey as well. best of luc reaching your goals. add me is you'd like.
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm also a Kindergarten teacher. I just turned 36 in November. I have two kids. A son who will be 11 in February and a daughter that just turned 6 three days before Christmas. This is my 14th year teaching. Today was my weigh-in day and I was happy to see a 3.5 pound loss. My goal is set to 132 (because 135 is the high end of my healthy range and because I don't even know what I'll look like at that weight, sad but true) and today I was 172 even. That means I have 40 pounds to lose. I am really, really hoping, (as my principal likes to say, "Hope isn't a strategy."), so not just hoping, but TRYING to make it happen.... I was to lose that 40 pounds by the end of May/beg of June for summer. Then I will reevaluate from there.

Anyhow... good luck to you! Add me if you'd like. :D
  • JazzyT3726
    Options
    Welcome to the site, I have 40 to lose myself by June 6, 2013. I am a Academy Director and I have 3 children. This is a life change change for me. I know that we can do this.
  • hawkercindy
    Options
    Hello, I am cindy from illinois and need to loose abotu 25 lbs. I am a mother of 4 and work. Fulltime as a statician. Best of luck with ur goals. Add me if you like.