AF PT TESTERS?

Options
Just looking for anyone who is in the AF to talk about our PT test shananagins and provide support for eachother! As far as that goes, any branch of service feel free to join in! So Im due for my test this week! Which is fine, Im ready!! I have a goal where I do better each year then I did the year before. So here are my stats from last year and what I hope for this year. ALso keep in mind that late this summer, I put on about 12 lbs-ish on purpose because I was too thin. My goal is to cut back down to a more musclar 140. So I know my weight will not be what it was last year, and same goes for my waist.

Last years test:
Weight-142
Waist-27
Push ups-38
Sit ups-56 (max points is 54)
Run-1304
Total-95.3 points

This years goal
Weight-144-ish
Waist-27-29
Pushups-40
Sit ups-54+
Run-1245
Total-96+

The run time and my overal score are my two main goals! Im soooooo close its not even funny. I took a mock test about 3 weeks ago and got the same score I did last year. I only have 17 seconds to shave off my time. Im trying sooooooo hard! Yall wish me luck!!!

Replies

• wetsel23
    wetsel23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Im in the AF and will PT test again in April!! My last score was 86. I do really good in push ups and sit ups but need to work more on my run. Good Luck on your test!!
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! If your wanting to improve on the run, First off, run farther then you need to for the test so that the 1.5 mile wont seem so far. Also, I suggest sprints AFTER your done running however far you chose to run. This is just something that I have found that helps me...may or may not help you but sprints in general are great to improve your run time! GOod luck!!!
  • wetsel23
    wetsel23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I always run longer than the mile and half. I go for 3 miles. I need to do more sprints like you say. Im going for 30 sec faster this year.
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    YAY! Thats a good goal!
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    Don't judge my run time! I'm in the old lady crew!!!

Height: 69 in or 5'9"
    Weight : 169
    Waist: 30
    Push-ups:30
    Sit-ups: 55
    Run 14:18
    Score: 92.6

This years goal:
    Weight: 155 (I hope)
    Waist: 29
    Push ups: 35
    Sit ups: 54
    Run: 13:45

It is mildly a joke to me. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. The areas I have the most trouble with is my wrists, knees, ankles, and toes. The joke for me is this... I was told that they would not med board me if I could maintain standards.... before I was diagnosed I had ballooned up to 186 pounds but could still pass the test scoring in the 80's because I don't carry weight in my mid section (thankfully). It hurt to work out. After diagnosis my Doc said I would feel better if I lost some weight.... undue stress on my joints. They put me on some meds to help with disease related issues and I started counting calories and working out. I do feel so much better. Some days the pain is still terrible but I push through anyways. So young able bodied people who fail to meet the standard gain absolutely 0 sympathy from me.