Looking for Like-Minded Women to be Weight Loss Buddies!

Options
Hi... I'm back on MFP to try to lose weight again! LOL I've tried in the past and would lose a few pounds but things come up and I'd get distracted and fall on bad habits and old thinking. Well, I've started doing Yoga, reading more books (by M. Williamson, D. Chopra, E. Tolle, L. Hay, G. Zukav, etc) and being more mindful of how my choices are affecting my body and mind. I'm ready to honor the one body God gave me by treating it with respect. I'm embracing a Vegetarian diet and maybe someday Vegan - babysteps first! I'm 37, currently 40-50 pounds overweight (depending on your difinition of skinny - LOL) and have two children 10 & 7 and a great marriage. I'm looking for other women my age who are embracing a similar lifestyle that could use a little encouragement from me and who would be willing to give me some when I'm not at my best. I'm hoping 2013 is the year that I awaken a fire in me to be the best version of myself that I can be. :0)

Replies

• jms1739
    jms1739 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also a returning member and have been thru the same situation of getting distracted. I need someone to make me accountable and give me a shove once in while. I am in my mid 40's but get mistaken for being in my late 30's, just wish the body felt like that at times. I am trying to get back to my running that I have not been able to do since October due to a back injury. Started walking but my mind really wants to run. Anyway let me know if I can help you in anyway.
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm also a returning member... though my distraction was pregnancy. lol Add me... and hopefully we can succeed together. My short term goal is to get to 170lbs... but my long term goal is 150... I MAY keep losing after I hit 150 it all depends on how I feel after I actually reach 150 lol
  • jamiewalt
    jamiewalt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm married and have 2 kids: 4 and 2 years old. At 43, I have decided that I'm tired of living in a fat body. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by June 7th. I struggle with cooking healthy food and exercising. Accountability helps me quite a bit, and if you need a buddy, you can friend me. The more friends I have the better!
  • jms1739
    jms1739 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You all can add me. I need all the help and motivational support I can get as well.
  • asummer74
    Options
    Hi there! I am in same boat! I am 38, married and three kids. I too am back, hopefully for good and want to get serious about loosing weight. I want to loose about 25 lbs. I need all the support I can get. Please feel free to add me as friend. We can all support each other:-)
    0400772 Posts: 80
    Options
    Ooooo can I join in too. I'm a newbie back to trying to lose weight. Haven't exercised in two years! Can no longer use baby as an excuse. Have just under 4 stone to lose
  • Peaches160
    Peaches160 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have not exercised in several months and I am also looking for supportive buddies :smile:
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Oh and I have 3 kids.... One is 4 and half years old.... one is 2 years 5 months... and the third is 5 months old :) Love my lil rugrats... but they keep me busy... I don't have time for exercising much. I do a little inside here and there but lose interest in it fast. I LOVE going for walks... but can't take all three kids with me. And I don't want to. lol Walking is my me time. I'd walk 2 miles every day if I could. Maybe even two or three times a day... the problem is someone keeping the youngsters. lol
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I am 30...nearing my goal (only 4 pounds away). I have already lost 36 and have has to do so while balancing a job, home, and a part time step daughter (6y/o). Now my goal isn't as important as much as toning and looking better. Feel free to add me. I always need supportive friends and I do log in daily!
  • Back2Biz
    Back2Biz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! It's wonderful to meet all of you! I'm going to log in everyday, multiple times, so that I can keep myself accountable and motivated. I'm a SAHM with school-aged kids so I have NO EXCUSES!!! I'm being kind to myself this time around and NOT going to judge myself harshly for not being perfect. No one is perfect, so that is an unattainable standard. If I make a bad choice or have a bad day (or weekend - Love my Martini's) I'm not going to sabotage myself anymore. I hope you will all do the same - be kind to yourselfs!!!
  • Back2Biz
    Back2Biz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    *yourselves... oops!! Got a little carried away! :0)
  • libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi! Can I join you guys? I'm 34 and a returning member. I did well on MFP before especially with a little help with friends on here. But, life got in the way and I fell off the wagon. I'm a mom of 2, 11 and 12, and have a wonderful marriage. I would just like to do something for me to feel better. Plus I got a brand new bike for my birthday and I live smack in the middle of a 40 mile bike path. No excuses! Please add me as a friend!
  • jmcphee1964
    jmcphee1964 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi there
    I am going to try this again. I tried it briefly a few months back but didn't last long. I am hoping 2013 will be my year to get back to being in shape. I am 48 yrs old and would like to lose about 25lbs. I have three kids ages 15, 13 and 11 who are heavily involved in sports and keep me VERY busy! I just don't make time for myself. I used to run and play a lot of soccer. Gave up soccer last summer to focus on coaching two teams but am back to coaching one team now so I would like to start running again so that I can play again this summer. I just need motivation and to be accountable to someone. I would love to join you all and do this together!
  • kemdawson
    Options
    On here every day for over 280 days now!! Love this site! Enjoy encouraging others to accomplish their fitness goals. Add me if you'd like to be friends, and I'll do the same.
  • Carla246
    Carla246 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to find this group! I'm 35 years old, married, and I have two daughters, ages 4 & 2. I have struggled with my weight for my entire life, but before I had kids, I was able to drop the weight whenever I needed to - I looked great at our wedding almost 10 years ago. Since I had my girls, though, I haven't been able to lose the weight no matter what I've tried. But it's a new year, and I need to lose almost 30 pounds, and I'm really motivated.
    I would love to connect with other mothers on MFP for support and a little butt-kicking.
    Happy new year, everyone. Here's to a new start for all of us!