Foot cramp during aerobics

Options
Hello,
Weird question. When I do aerobics I find that I get a cramp in the arch of my foot when I do floor work (plank, push ups on my knees etc). How can I prevent this? I'm in good shoes (from the running room after having them be assessed). Is there a good stretch at the end I can do? It's really uncomfortable when it happens
Thanks!

Replies

• laprovocateur
    laprovocateur Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Eat a banana for breakfast now and then. Random muscle cramps caused by hyperextension (or, "charlie horses") are almost always due to a deficit in potassium intake.
  • Molly08
    Molly08 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thx. I eat one every morning. I take a multivitamin too. I'll try to be sure I eat it before the work out to see if that helps! :o)
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Weird question. When I do aerobics I find that I get a cramp in the arch of my foot when I do floor work (plank, push ups on my knees etc). How can I prevent this? I'm in good shoes (from the running room after having them be assessed). Is there a good stretch at the end I can do? It's really uncomfortable when it happens
    Thanks!

Omgosh, I have this, too. It HURTS SO BAD!! Feels like a horrible charlie horse in the bottom of your foot?? It is excruciating to do yoga for me, too. I think it is because I am soooo flat footed. I constantly have to get out of my pose and shake my feet out.

I have seen these little arch support bands that go around the middle of your feet that are supposed to help. They aren't expensive. You can get them from Footsmart.com. I am going to try them to see if they will help.

I will be watching this thread.
  • ziegman49
    ziegman49 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Drink water. Cramps are caused by multiple things. For me, the most common is dehydration. The worst is in the pool, I sweat more than I realize and it is easy to forget to drink enough water. The calf cramp is always a friendly reminder I have forgotten to drink.
  • Molly08
    Molly08 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks!

Omgosh, I have this, too. It HURTS SO BAD!! Feels like a horrible charlie horse in the bottom of your foot?? It is excruciating to do yoga for me, too. I think it is because I am soooo flat footed. I constantly have to get out of my pose and shake my feet out.

I have seen these little arch support bands that go around the middle of your feet that are supposed to help. They aren't expensive. You can get them from Footsmart.com. I am going to try them to see if they will help.

I will be watching this thread.

That's exactly what it feels like. It's brutal. I'm a person who needs arch support, which my shoes supposedly give me. Hmm. I'll look into those bands
  • princessliss191
    Options
    my grandma had a doctor tell her to drink a serving of tonic water that has quinine in it for cramps and spasms. according to my grandma this has helped her.
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    2 things, eat some potasium as it prevent cramps, and ur legs are not used to workout so it is normal they will cramp and they will get used to the work out load on them so dont worry, give it a week or 2 max