Scared to death...

Options
I don't know how to start. I'm a loner and it's taking all I have to compose this. I'm 45 and 300 lbs. I've started and deleted this text 2 times and before I can lose my nerve am going to send it....

Replies

• Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You've just gotta take it one step at a time, and you've just taken the first step. Congratulations. You can do it. :)
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Start slow with small changes. You devoplped habits over the years so don't feel like you need to fix it all in one week. If you have strong cravings for sweets find something that is an replacement with less calories. I was probably taking in a good 500 to 1000 calories on some days in pure junk. I just got rid of it slowly and now when I eat the junk it's in moderation and more planned than the car just driving me thru the drive thru. Friend me if you would like. You can do it.
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It gets easier from here. The first step is always the hardest. Great bunch of supporters here to help you along the way!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Keep posting. There's lots of support here. Send friend-requests to people (me, for instance) and get connected with others who are also struggling.
  • Fraoch3
    Options
    ...I'm shaking a bit but thank you, ladies.

Now I get to figure out how to friend someone...
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I'd be happy to try and support you.
  • hprchlik1
    Options
    Congratulations you took the first step for yourself! Stay positive and make small changes! You can do it!!
  • trishcass46
    trishcass46 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good for you for starting. Each day is a new day. Don't give up!
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    The nice thing about the internet is you are relatively anonymous if you want to be. That said, there are a lot of people on this site that are or started well over 300, so don't feel intimidated. The first step is often the most difficult!
  • Sallyafe1
    Options
    Hi, I am new here,:flowerforyou: I understand what you are saying. Identify if you are an emotional eater, use this site to better yourself, I came across this site quite by accident. But I have already learned a great deal. There are millions of us trying to improve our lives and stay healthy.
    Remember fear is only an emotion.
    Do you or any one on this site know what No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting means? I need an update. I came out of college before the recession.
    Sallyafe!
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    just sent you a friend request. Everyone is right - you can find a lot of support here.
  • Kailee360
    Options
    Welcome , best of luck .... :happy:
  • melzymel81
    melzymel81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Don't be afraid - everyone here has been amazingly helpful.
  • JulieB_MN
    JulieB_MN Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this! This site is a huge help.
    Sending friend request!
  • tallvanurse
    tallvanurse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just added you...here to support. Overcoming that fear was a big step and it just gets better from there. Small changes like a previous reply stated. You can do it!
  • camkal12
    Options
    Fantastic you've posted! Baby steps will get us all there - and the support here is awesome!
  • jallen47
    Options
    Good for you! You did the right thing in coming here. I have a friend who was over 300 lbs and recently lost 152 lbs over the past 2 years. It's an incredible awe-inspiring journey to see someone transform himself so completely. You can do this! What is your motivation for getting healthy? What changes have you made so far?
  • DanaNicolle
    DanaNicolle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS! FEEL FREE TO FRIEND ME. I have lost 60 pounds using myfitnesspal.....tons of friends jumped on the band wagon and we've lost hundreds....i mean HUNDREDS of pounds doing this if we combined our weight loss.
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    welcome. :) you have my support. and you can add me if you want too, im new as well and would like to make some friends on here.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    The first step is always the biggest...and the toughest. Remember....there are people here that started out weighing a LOT more than you do now...and have succeeded. You will too. Welcome!