Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How does everyone weigh them selves

2»

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Mondays when I wake up, no shoes and light clothing (light gym shorts and light shirt).
  • I weigh myself every morning. I like to keep track of my weight throughout the week so I can stay on top of my eating habits and not slack off.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    I tend to step one foot at a time on this thing that is called a scale and it outputs some numbers that I'm guessing is my weight. :laugh:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Monday mornings at the gym. I subtract my gym shoes :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Every morning, after peeing, nothing on. (The *One True Way* to weigh yourself.)

ETA: Which days do I let the number on the scale bother me? So far, absolutely none of them.
  • I weigh in on Tuesday mornings (my last day before work so I know if I slacked on my weekend) first thing in morning with nothing on.
  • thornedlily77
    thornedlily77 Posts: 29 Member
    After I wake up, after I go to the bathroom. always with a shirt on because my house is super cold, but no pants. I always breathe all the way out too as if it will make a difference haha. Usually every other day, unless its close to my cycle and then I don't weigh at all until its over

Oh yeah, I always skip "that" week too. Why torture myself? :D

But otherwise every Tuesday morning I weigh myself first thing in the morning. I can see the benefit of daily weigh-ins though as it may keep me from my snacking habits.
  • I catch myself doing the same thing. At first I thought I was going crazy but it also keep me check. I keep track monthly on a calender but on here if I notice a weight loss for more than two days I record it. I like watching the number of pound lost move on up!!
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Friday mornings, I get to my ballet class early so I can use the studio's super-accurate scale. I'll usually have been up for a few hours by that point and will have taken care of my business, but I wait to eat until after weighing XD I'll be in my leo and tights, but nothing on top of that
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    every morning...after i pee...naked...before i eat/drink anything
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Every time I go to the gym -- with shirt, shorts, and socks. Pre and post workout, and I'll log both numbers.

Something must be working. I went shopping today, at a store where I know the sizing to be consistent, and I was able to get into a size smaller than my usual size, in a tight pencil skirt.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Generally every morning, naked, after using the bathroom. I only formally log the number about twice a month, though. I never stress over it, in fact, I STILL get giddy sometimes seeing the "1" at the beginning of the number, and I first hit that over 30 pounds ago. lol...
  • mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    I weigh very rarely. I don't own a scale. I have a Wii Fit so I could weigh there, but choose not to. I just check when I'm visiting my parents or in-laws. I haven't weighed for about a month now. Just don't want to obsess over the number. I can tell I have lost.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Every Friday I kick off my shoes and step on the scale wearing my jeans and t shirt. I make sure when I weigh in that I am wearing the same outfit, and Friday's are spirit days. I work at a school and I weigh myself in the nurse's office, so can't really weigh in the nude. Don't want to lose my job :smile:
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    In the morning.. naked... after going to the potty. :p Every morning.. lol :p
  • I weigh myself on Saturdays if I remember, using the Wii. I also do body fat measurements using a BodyMetrix ultrasound thingy and measure with a tape. It's awesome when all three are down :)
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 137 Member
    I prefer first thing Friday morning, in the nude... blah blah blah. But I really hate that the Doctor's appointments (you know.. when they record your weight in the log books) are on some random day like Tuesday at 11:30 am and I have to be fully clothed.... so UNFAIR !!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Every Wednesday at work. I work at a resort. There is a digital scale in the fitness center and I sneak in there towards the end of my shift.