Breakfast Ideas

Options
Hello, I am looking for healthy breakfast ideas for around that doesn't involve peanut butter (I eat it every morning for protein and am sick of it). If anyone has any ideas that would be great. Thanks!

Replies

• saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm on a huge porridge kick at the moment! My favourite topping of the moment is golden syrup and sunflower seeds. Tomorrow I'll be trying it with almond milk and banana.

I also like Cheerios and Weetabix occasionally. Aside from that, I love eggs, usually poached or an omelette.
  • magsxx
    magsxx Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    porridge and fruit, omelette with whatever filling you fancy, boiled egg and wholemeal toast, chopped fruit and yoghurt, wholemeal toast with grilled bacon (cut fat off) and grilled tomatoes, toast topped with mackerel, french toast with cinnamon topped with strawberries - can you tell i love my breakfast haha. hope this helps x
  • kellbel82
    Options
    Thank you! These ideas help a lot, I am going to try them this week.
  • baroqueviolin
    Options
    I like the Atkins meal bars with a cup of coffee for breakfast. They taste pretty good and keep me full until lunch! Lots of varieties from which to choose!
  • rsmclaurin
    Options
    I just tried this breakfast pancake this morning for the first - consists of only a banana and an egg, mashed together and then cooked like a pancake. I added some cinnamon and topped with some sugar free syrup. It was really good :)

I found the recipe here:
    http://carrotsncake.com/2012/08/secrets-to-a-perfect-two-ingredient-pancake.html
  • 1963sdm
    1963sdm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have spinach and egg whites everymorning - cooked in the microwave with a sprinkle of shredded asiago at the end! Awesome protein and I have a huge bowl of it everymorning! (apx. 3 cups of spinach and 1 cup of egg whites).
  • ElanorRigby
    ElanorRigby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm always running late, so my choice is usually a hard boiled egg and a low sodium v8 to take along. A cold hard boiled egg can sometimes be hard to eat alone, but I think the v8 helps it go down a lot better, plus veggies!

If you're doing the veg thing, quinoa is really filling and a complex protein source. I like it cooked with diced apples, and a bit of honey and cinnamon on top.
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    My breakfast usually consists of the following:

1/2 a grapefruit
    2 eggs scrambled with franks hotsauce drizzled on top
    1/3 cup Quaker Oats - Quick Rolled Oats + Xylitol sweetener

=322 calories

I look forward to it every morning !
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My breakfast usually consists of the following:

1/2 a grapefruit
    2 eggs scrambled with franks hotsauce drizzled on top
    1/3 cup Quaker Oats - Quick Rolled Oats + Xylitol sweetener

=322 calories

I look forward to it every morning !

sounds awesome I love franks!! gonna have this for breakfast!!
  • sarzyjane80
    Options
    try www.theyummylife.com awsome breaky ideas. I love the refridgerator oatmeal and the slow cooked oatmeal.,
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i normallu have porridge with cinnamon and honey! Bran flakes and banana is my second followed by yoghurt with some sort of fruit in there or if in a rush grab whatever fruit is around
  • kija7
    kija7 Posts: 4
    Options
    I do 4 egg whites (but you can adjust this to your caloric needs) scrambled, then add salsa and mix into egg. Srinkle some cheddar cheese (I look for the lower calorie cheese and use 1/2 serving) and put on a tortilla to make a wrap. The tortilla is usually 100 cal or less.

DH does egg whites, onion and pepper and he'll bake potatoes on Sunday to last him a few days. He'll dice up a potatoe and throw into the onion and pepper and brown it, then cook the eggs into the veggie mix to make a egg and home fry sort of mix. He measures the potatoe to fit into his calorie range.

BTW - who ever gets sick of peanut butter! I had to quit PB b/c I'm addicted to it lol!!
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I think I might be a bit lucky but I normally either have an egg white scramble (2 to 3 three at the most) with sauteed veggies or stone cut oatmeal with a banana and a little brown sugar. I also work for a hotel so it kinda helps.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    i am a breakfast on the go kind of girl, so I usually do fruit like an apple, banana, etc. that I can just take with me. Granola bars and yogurt are big for me too. If I have time, I will make a little breakfast sandwich with a 100 calorie sandwich skinny, 1 slice of reduced fat cheese and 2 scrambled eggs. Its like 200 calories.
  • samfish1812
    Options
    Brown bread toasted with a banana squished on to it...lovely!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I eat Greek yogurt a lot because it's just really good for my system.

A few weeks ago though I found this on Pinterest: http://cdm-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/2012/04/breakfast-burritos.html

I love the idea of grabbing a burrito on the go. Her recipe is not the healthiest, but I don't see why I couldn't 't use egg whites and turkey sausage. Also, I'd replace the potatoes with grilled vegetables and add a slice of provolone. It should still freeze ok. I'm going to make a bunch this weekend.
  • kaypee65
    kaypee65 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a new breakfast that I'm really enjoying. 1/2 cup of spudlers bacon and tomato hash fried for three minutes. Add a medium egg and cook on low for about two more minutes. It is so yummy and really keepsw me full. Plus, it's just 190 calories.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Sautee onions, spinach, and black beans...toss into a three egg-white omelette with a sprinkle of low fat mozzarella cheese.

It's a great energy boost, perfect amount of protien...low cholesterol, moderate in carbs, and a great belly filler.
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    low fat greek yoghurt and bananas