Hello everyone! Busy college student here.

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Lindsay and I am 21 years old. I go to school full time and work part time (which, feels like full time most of the time ;) ). Last year my resolution was to lose weight. I lost 20 pounds using myfitnesspal and weight watchers. However, I got comfortable and gained back those 20 pounds plus another 10. It always seems like I am really good at losing weight, but I am even better at gaining it all back. I've very overweight, technically obese. This year my resolution is to become a better person, through being healthier, happier, and trying to strengthen my relationship with God (which is new for me). I'm looking for friends here on myfitnesspal. All ages, genders, sizes welcome! Please, introduce yourself, I would love to get to know you.

Replies

• knurse1987
    knurse1987 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey! I know how you feel...I got off track and got comfortable and lazy and stopped logging onto mfp everyday. I lost 25 pounds with mfp. And gained most of it, not all, back...sad thing was I was trying to lose for my wedding and was not at my goal weight. Now, I am wanting to get back to my goal weight so I am back on track. Life is busy and it is hard to stay on track when soooo busy! Add me! I'll support!
  • snapback101
    Options
    Hey Lindsay! Pleasure to meet you :) i'm on a road to lose 20ishpounds, gotta get back to 128, I'm at 143 right now. You can add me as a friend, it'd be cool to collaborate with someone who's done this before! First time weight loss newbie here :) Got the same motives as you: trying to reaffirm my faith and change my life so I can become more secure with myself. I have to deal with my bouts of anger and anxiety, kinda something I've struggled with for a long time and I don't want to deal with it anymore :)
  • lindsay2x
    Options
    Hey! I know how you feel...I got off track and got comfortable and lazy and stopped logging onto mfp everyday. I lost 25 pounds with mfp. And gained most of it, not all, back...sad thing was I was trying to lose for my wedding and was not at my goal weight. Now, I am wanting to get back to my goal weight so I am back on track. Life is busy and it is hard to stay on track when soooo busy! Add me! I'll support!

I added you! Glad to find someone I can relate to. We will support each other, we can do this!
    Hey Lindsay! Pleasure to meet you :) i'm on a road to lose 20ishpounds, gotta get back to 128, I'm at 143 right now. You can add me as a friend, it'd be cool to collaborate with someone who's done this before! First time weight loss newbie here :) Got the same motives as you: trying to reaffirm my faith and change my life so I can become more secure with myself. I have to deal with my bouts of anger and anxiety, kinda something I've struggled with for a long time and I don't want to deal with it anymore :)

I added you! I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety, I have problems with that as well, mostly social anxiety and driving anxiety. We can get through this together, through God and becoming healthier versions of ourselves. Feel free to message if you need anyone to talk to.
  • srb3205
    Options
    Hi, Im new to fitness pal also, and new to this technical stuff. Congrates for getting back started, lets help each other out. I need all the encouragement I can get.
  • belisabethbrown
    belisabethbrown Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Lindsay! I'm [almost] 20 and new here. I've always been a heavier girl, so when my Mom told me she was tracking calories with mfp, I decided, hey, why not? My goals are to build a more active lifestyle and be more conscious of the foods I'm putting in my body. I understand the whole busy college student thing, so I would love to have a network of others who understand!
  • towardthesunshine
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kayla, 20, in nursing school! I'm trying to lose that stubborn 20 pounds that I've WANTED to lose for at least 5 years... now I'm bound and determined!!