Let's be friends! :)

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Ariane. I'm 19 years old. I work part time at a small grocery store and will be attending college soon. I've struggled with my weight all of my life. I'm overweight, technically obese. I've tried to lose weight before with various diets and programs but nothing has. Long story short, it's time for a change. I want friends that can help keep me accountable and people I can talk to and share stories. It's a new year, it's time for a new me. :)

Replies

• HerHighnessFiori
    Options
    Hey Ariane! Funny thing, my name is Ariana and I'm 19 years old too! I've always been weight conscious! I think we'd be a great support system! :)
  • TwilightZone1
    Options
    19 here too
    Add me if you want :)
  • octobernightfall
    octobernightfall Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Ariane! Nice to meet you! You and I have a similar story. My name is Diana. I'm 20 years old, and I too have struggled with my weight all of my life....Let's make this our year, I'm determined!
  • belisabethbrown
    belisabethbrown Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Ariane! My name is Betsy and I'm also 19 and a fairly busy college student. I've been chubby my entire life and would like to build some healthier habits. Good luck on your journey! :)
  • deborahripoli
    Options
    Ariane,
    I just want to encourage you. I was never overweight growing up until I hit the age of 30. Now I am 58 years old! I started hill walking last week and am starting to feel so much better. The best advise I can give you is to take small steps. Slowly start exercising. start walking three times a week and then build up to more days. Count your calories and if you want a chocolate, eat it but count the calories. Don't beat yourself over the head if you blow it at times. That leads to guilt and then you will eat more. We all do it once in a while; I blew it yesterday and did not walk, so today I hopped back on the wagon. It is a life change, and if you have been eating the wrong foods most of your life, then it will be hard. The good news is you are so young and it will be easier to make changes and to lose the weight. weigh yourself once a week and/or take measurements. You will do it! Don't let anyone discourage you from reaching your goals. Only you can do it!
  • MzBriz
    MzBriz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you. Add me up if you want.