please rate my food diary

Options
hi! I decided to add more protein as all suggested so based on foods I have around I premade my monday food diary How is it looking? thanks!!

Replies

• breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Monday is definitely looking good! nice healthy day too, definitely a step up from today (we all have ones like that occasionally). You should notice a difference!
  • Tammyinbali
    Tammyinbali Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Your diary looks ok to me :) I have a couple of helpful (hopefully) hints I can pass on:

1) I would suggest tracking your fiber as well...you want to get as much as possible.

2) Chia seeds are AMAZING! They are a great source of protein & fiber and you can add them to anything (you can do a search here on MFP & you'll get lots of information about them).

3) Make sure that you are drinking water & getting some form of exercise (I have found that if my diet/water/exercise are not ALL being worked on I don't lose any weight).

Good luck on your journey!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I also think it's good to track your fibre, try to get up to 30g. Your protein looks good but it won't hurt to even have it a little higher especially if you exercise a lot. I'd replace the tablespoon of canola oil for a healtier oil like extra virgin olive oil. You probably could be eating a little more calories too so you don't end up yo-yoing or on a plateau.
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Looks good. Can I ask what the quick added calories are ... Would encourage you to enter that food item nutritional info into Mfp :-)
  • Fitstephy
    Options
    1 tbsp of silk milk
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Very nice job! Being super picky, get some protein into your snacks, maybe lose a little of the lunch carbs to make up the calories, always combine carbs with protein and/ or fat, I think you are double portioning/ double counting some of the greens so you might switch out for a bright red veggie like tomato or red bell pepper, I'd like to see a 30g serving of nuts so double your peanut butter or even go for almonds which are richer in calcium than peanuts (no dairy).

But that really is super picky, I love that you have purples and greens in there and a fairly even protein and fat split on your meals.