Inseam... Do I sound like an orangutan?

Options
capriqueen
capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
So I'm 5'6.5 and I have a 32 inch inseam, is that too short ? Being a pear shape accentuates this "short-leg" look sowas wondering....

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Im 6'0 and only have a 30 in inseam so dont feel bad... I actually think its pretty long for your size
  • capriqueen
    Options
    Thanks for that... my jeans aren't very flattering though!
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    That is about half your height, so no I think that is average. My inseam is a wee long 31-32 for my height 5'4" but I have no torso. If your legs were longer the length would have to come from somewhere so my guess is you are very well proportioned.
  • capriqueen
    Options
    32 inches for 5'4 sounds awesome! You must be very leggy.
    I guess it's the pear-shape syndrome.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    What does an orangutan sound like? Do you go ugabuga in the woods?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    That seems extremely long. I wear 32 length pants and I'm 6'3".
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd say you're fine. I'm 5'9" and have about a 31" inseam. Buying pants is a pain though. Everyone has 30" or 32". I only find 31" in the designer jeans and I don't want to pay $150 for someone's brand name.
  • capriqueen
    Options
    Can you compare men and women on the inseam length, though?
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Im 6'0 and only have a 30 in inseam so dont feel bad... I actually think its pretty long for your size

That's interesting....I'm 6'4 and use a 32/33. I always felt my legs were short for my height.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Inseams will vary based on the cut of the clothing, the fabric and some other factors, not to mention the shape of your leg from thigh to groin.

People get too caught up in numbers. If your jeans don't look flattering to you, try another brand with a different cut. A good place to start is by doing a little research. Here's an example of some thinking around jeans buying, etc.:

http://allwomenstalk.com/5-steps-to-buy-perfect-jeans/
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    32 inches for 5'4 sounds awesome! You must be very leggy.
    I guess it's the pear-shape syndrome.
    I think my legs might be a little longer than average but they don't look weird. The only thing I've noticed is people always think I'm taller than I am. Truthfully I'd give up some leg for a waist though...but alas the grass is always greener. I really think your inseam is perfectly normal.

ETA: and my actual inseam is 31 (crotch to ankle). It is 32 with heeled shoes.