calories burnt off with housework

Options
Hi guys, can anyone tell me how do you log the calories lost whilst doing housework, thanks new to this so trying to find my way round this site.:smile:

Replies

• GreekAmericanChrissy
    Options
    Go to exercise and punch in cleaning under cardiovascular activities
  • tekeyla25
    Options
    i want to know how much calories are burned during intimate time lol
  • michelle1404
    Options
    Now thats a good question, and what catagorie would that come under. :laugh:
  • teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I assume it would come under cardio - Not sure if I can post external links but here we go

http://www.livestrong.com/article/297695-how-many-calories-are-burned-during-sex/
  • animemoon5
    animemoon5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well if we can post external links.... I have this one

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Calories burned whether it be shopping, showering reading or writing =x just enter in weight and time I rely on this and add my own exercises like dance... (I have my calorie goal set at sedentary so I include things like shopping etc...)
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother to log housework calories unless I was doing something that I felt was burning a lot more than usual.
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    i want to know how much calories are burned during intimate time lol

You could wear a HRM :laugh:
  • Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I would recommend investing in a Polar HRM - great way to track calories and keep motivated during exercise. A basic one with just heart rate and calories should be under £40.

Good luck!
  • Juashmom
    Options
    When you seach excersise housework is listed as light and vigerous effort.
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    search for "cleaning"
  • StudioMaid
    StudioMaid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would think "CARDIO"
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, can anyone tell me how do you log the calories lost whilst doing housework, thanks new to this so trying to find my way round this site.:smile:

Depends. If you put your lifestyle as sedate then I'd log it as light cardio. If you put your lifestyle as active then it would include the fact that you do housework regularly.
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think you will be surprised at how many calories you burn when cleaning. Especially when you are doing a deep cleaning.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options

I put that under housework *teehee*
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    you are really only hurting yourself by trying to log housework as exercise... Unless you are on your knees hand cleaning a floor of outside on a ladder washing windows by hand, just consider the work you do in your home as "bonus" aond dont bother logging...