Slimming world...

Options
Hi!

I am joining a local class with a friend tomorrow after months of convincing myself I can go it alone! Just wondering if anyone has any success stories from the plan to share? I think it will help me eat healthier and the weigh in will keep me motivated! I did really well on the old weight watchers plan but I usually opted for a low point chocolate bar or crisps over fruit or something nutritious. So hoping slimming world will encourage good eating habits.

Also wondering if fish is a free food?!

Replies

• whyldebear
    whyldebear Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hi there,

i used to do SW and im re joining tonight i lost just over a stone last time but could easily have dont more if id behaved myself i just like wine too much haha, im hopefully more motivated now and ive also joined a gym wich SW say excercise isnt necessary but will speed up and help extra weight loss, i like it as its very simple to follow not much weighing and measuring and you dont really feel like you on a diet as theres nothing you cant have so long as your syns allow it.

And fish is most def free its a good super food which is a food thats even better than some fruit and veg.

added you as a friend so we can help each other.
    :) x
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I've done Slimming World a few times, and it just doesn't seem to suit me. I do think that it's one of the better plans out there, and I have known people who have successfully lost a lot of weight on it. (They've tended to regain, but I think that's the same for any diet). It's basically a lowish fat diet, and I'm not wild about low fat eating so I think that was one of the reasons it didn't suit me. I try to eat heart-healthy foods like walnuts, oats, smoked mackerel, etc., and obviously they weren't free foods so I had to count them as treats/extras. I also found that I ate more "processed" food because it fitted in easier (for instance it was easier to have a packet of Pasta and Sauce, some of which were free when I did it, than to make a homemade sauce which would have to be counted).

I last did it maybe three years ago, so the plan may have changed since then. I remember right back to the old days, with red days and green days, and free tinned macaroni cheese! Last time I did it I seemed to be eating a lot of Muller Lights (frozen so that I could pretend they were icecream).

I think it's worth giving it a go, particularly if you think the group support would be useful.
  • dikowick
    Options
    Thanks for your replies! Will give it a go anyway. Will see how the syns deal works for me as I plan to eat more nuts and oils! :) x