30 day shred

Options
Hi just wondering is anyone doing the 30 day shred!! I:smile: m on day 8 going ok but could do with some people who would like to join me just for motivation and eating tips so add me if you want could do with some friends to chat to and help me keep focused :smile:

Replies

• michelleelvin84
    Options
    hi what is the 30 day shred?
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I thought about trying this. What's it like ?

Am I right in thinking you do it EVERY day - if so, for how long ? Is it 30-45mins - let me know.

I've only got a small flat, so if I need a lot of room it might not be any good for me. What do you think ?

x
  • feistymoon
    Options
    I've been doing 30DS for two or three weeks now, but I do it every other day(ish) instead of every day and I mix up between different levels depending on how I feel. I've done level 1 about 10 times, level 2 about 5 times and level 3 twice now and I notice a big difference both in strength and tone. I've not changed in weight at all, but it was over the holidays and I ate loads so I see that as an achievement in itself.

It's 20 minutes just and the calorie burn isn't significant in my opinion, but it's the first time i've incorporated strength or resistance work into my routine and i'm really happy with my progress.

I'll happily join you every other day if that suits!!!
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sounds perfect to me. 20-30mins is do-able every other day. With my running training, I am looking to incorporate some strength training too for toning/trimming. The running seems to be doing all it should in terms of fat burning, so I'm not really looking for that.

Count me in... I will check out which DVD to get now. Thanks.

x
  • photognurse
    photognurse Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I will join! I have been doing it a few days at level 1.
  • feistymoon
    Options
    I bought the dvd at amazon for about £5 but the full workouts by level are also on youtube if you want a preview ;)
    Sounds perfect to me. 20-30mins is do-able every other day. With my running training, I am looking to incorporate some strength training too for toning/trimming. The running seems to be doing all it should in terms of fat burning, so I'm not really looking for that.

Count me in... I will check out which DVD to get now. Thanks.

x
  • xxxemaxxx
    xxxemaxxx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started it today so if anyone would like to add me or offer advice on how the 30 day shred worked for you, that would be great :)
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Jillian's 30 days shred all 3 videos are available on youtube. It is a great work out I must say.
  • alanahbastion
    Options
    keen ill youtube it :) sounds good add me guys and gals and we can do it together
  • Jen_ht
    Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS - day 5 and it just stopped hurting and feels great! I feel stronger already :) I don't have a HRM so am tentatively estimating the burn on this and I'm combining it with an hours brisk walk most days. Add me if you want!
  • sandywoo39
    sandywoo39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred? x
  • Marion_
    Marion_ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am doing it too! Today is day 2 :)
  • helentm
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of 30 day shred and I am really enjoying it. I usually get sick of the trainers but Jillian Michaels isn't over the top at all.
  • AmeliaMilli
    Options
    Hey there! :) I currently do the 30 Days Shred too and today is my 4th day. Well, I can say I'm best in cardio (but it's not surprise since, I have history with rope jumping) and strength is my... weakness. I'm terrible in push-ups, oh my god. I really don't have any muscle in my arms.
  • jdesign
    jdesign Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred! The only time I have to workout is at 5 am and it is SO hard getting up that early. But reminding myself how good I ill feel after the workout keeps me motivated so I don't just stay in bed.

This is my second time with MFP.... I lost 16 pounds the first time, but was far from my goal. Then I got lazy and stopped, which resulted in all of those pounds coming back. The program works if I use it; I just have to commit to it.

All of my old friends have disappeared, so I'm looking for new pals to help me stay on track!
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have done two rounds of 30DS, one week level one, two weeks level two and final week on level 3. I highly recommend it. I lost 15 lbs and 17 inches and went from Size 20UK to 16UK.
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    hi i have been doing the shred and found i did lose 2 inches from my waist in 2 weeks but then work interfered and i stopped, also my friend dis it and kept it up she was a size 16uk and is noe infact a 10-12 so keep it up it works wonders x i am now going to be doing the 6 week sixpack and then get my shred back from my friend to start at the end of the month x
  • wreath7
    wreath7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i'd like to join!
  • Aketelsen
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of 30 and love it so far. It's enough to kick my butt for sure! Add me if you'd like!
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Im just finishing up level 3 than am going to start at level 1 again and increase weights and really try to do all the advanced moves