Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What was your biggest food addiction?

Replies

• FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Ooo mine are carbs.. the bad kind.. - white bread pasta rice pizza chips oh and fizzy drinks..:indifferent: :frown: i know i know.. im working on controlling my carb addiction.. *thumbs up* :bigsmile: :ohwell:
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Chocolate! Still is, in fact. Honestly, I think it's foolish to totally give up any food, especially if you really love it. Learning moderation is key. I have never stopped eating chocolate, cheese, meat, carbs, or drinking beer, and I've lost 50+lbs.
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Mine was, or should I say is, Dr. Pepper. I would drink multiple 20 oz. bottles a day. I have now limited myself to one a day and drink lots of water.
  • photognurse
    photognurse Posts: 27 Member
    Chocolate Covered Raisins
    Chocolate Covered Peanuts
    HARIBO Gummy Bears

Sober 1 week.... haha
  • DrJeep
    DrJeep Posts: 37 Member
    Cheese, cheese is my biggest enemy. I can not control myself around it, and I don't know why. I actually opted to not buy any cheese anymore for now, because if I buy a block of it I can devour it all in one day, no problem, without even noticing it I'd eat away 1kg of cheese.

And man, if it was a kg of yoghurt, or something else, I could live with that. But cheese also happens to be such a calorie bomb.

I'm not going to give it up completely, but until I can moderate myself, I'll only buy very small quantities of it, or not buy it at all.
  • krisbeaver
    krisbeaver Posts: 41 Member
    Nacho chips and salsa..I used to be able to eat a whole bag in one day. How sad is that? I haven't had one since New Year's day.
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Not sure if cheese or meat.
  • Pasta and DrPepper!

Both of those are horrible but so damn good!
  • Emlou93
    Emlou93 Posts: 22
    Chocolate anything. Jelly beans. Still my biggest weakness. Nothing cake anymore because I'm gluten intolerant. But damn chocolate. I now limit myself to a few pieces of 85% if I have to, which is extremely yummy now that my tastebuds have adjusted :)
  • Rtossas
    Rtossas Posts: 29
    Pizza and carrot cake

Thank goodness for refeed days!
  • Marion_
    Marion_ Posts: 56 Member
    Definitely cheese! Actually I keep using cheese like Philadelphia in the morning, or a little bit of goat cheese to cook with vegetables, but I have decided to stop having very goood (and stinky) cheese in my fridge! Haha I just can't resist it... at any time, and especially between meals... Sorry I'm French :)
  • YoshiCow
    YoshiCow Posts: 77 Member
    Anything from the Indian. Doesn't help when your est friends family are indian and keep cooking me samosas and onion bhajis. :(
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    I'm a chocoholic. As a kid, I was allergic to chocolate but eventually outgrew it so I think that as an adult, I've tried to make up for it haha. I'm partial to dark chocolate, so now I try to get my fix with the Silk Dark Chocolate almond milk and occasionally a couple of squares from dark Hershey's bars.

I was allergic to chocolate as a kid too, I out grew it also. it's also my addiction :)
  • ic3co0l
    ic3co0l Posts: 57 Member
    ICECREAM CAKE... guilty pleasure. But in all honesty I'm addicted to sugar.. PERIOD.
  • Dunkin Donuts Coffee (toasted almond flavor) with cream and sugar... Now that I have started this plan I have given it up cold turkey.... The girls at the drive through probably think I've died!!!
  • I love pizza! Especially tuna and onions and really hot ones with chili and stuff. But at the moment I'm not going out much and I've restisted buying them, so I haven't had a pizza in months! Yay!
    I used to do a lot of sports and when I went home really hungry I just stuffed myself with a massive pizza, so all the sport had absolutely no effect. God, how stupid I was.
    ;) I also loved milk and pudding, but I think I'm over that now...
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    TWIZZLERS...raspberry...I would buy a big bag and eat them all within 10 mins...LOL.....now I have gluten problems...and guess what, wheat is the MAIN ingredient...LOL...I did find a gluten free version online and bought 5 pkgs,,, 2 1/2 oz each....one pkg satisfies my cravings...they are pretty good, but not as soft and chewy...but are OK....

I haven't gone completely gluten free yet because I still have to have the test, but when I do, I KNOW I WILL MISS IT ALL...all my life I have eaten pasta and such...such a big adjustment...LOL
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Bread....warm freshly baked bread.........
    Arnotts BBQ shapes.........

I am seriously addicted to wheat based carbs.....
  • szonjakun
    szonjakun Posts: 94 Member
    Chocolate and all the sweet stuff. I usually crave something sweet after every meal. -__-
  • aerialbanners
    aerialbanners Posts: 2 Member
    Anything Salty! Chips are my biggest downfall. I've avoided fried foods for a couple of years but Chips are what I miss most. I gave up bread awhile ago and I feel uncomfortably full after pasta so thats not really to hard. Sometimes I'll buy a bag of sour cream and onion ruffles and I'll say to myself " ok you can do this, whats a few??" but the truth is I have a few, then say I can't handle it and walk the rest of the bag outside to the trash can. Gotta do what you gotta do! Lol