Looking for friends along the journey

Options
Looking for a strong support group.
Many failed attempts but I honestly believe this time was different.

Replies

• basilburger
    basilburger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just started and have lost 6lbs since last Wednesday. I too have failed epicly many times but this is it. Failure is unacceptable this time!
  • Yuyevon85
    Options
    How often are you weighing yourself?
  • Dakotardh
    Dakotardh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I honestly try to limit myself to one weigh in a week. Remember some victories are not seen on the scale.
  • teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    epic, feel free to add as a friend.
  • Cherie7575
    Options
    Welcome! I have family in Dallas, and was there briefly, in Oct.
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    welcome! best wishes as you reach for your goals on this journey. some days will be better than others. don't be hard on yourself on the bad days. there is a tomorrow...that's when you can get back up and fight! we all need motivation and support. it just makes things easier...and it helps you focus. add me if you like. the bigger the circle of friends the stronger we are!
  • Sirref0275
    Sirref0275 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey Jeff
    You can do it old habbits die hard so be strong!!
    Steve
  • Sirref0275
    Sirref0275 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm down 2 pounds over the last few days, I check every morning.
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Welcome you can do anything you set your mind to!!! Feel free to add me... Weigh in is one every week to two weeks
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    You've got exactly the same weight target as me to lose :smile: Good luck (friend request sent)
  • gbers
    gbers Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i have been along this road many times myself, but this time is different because i am not stopping this healthy lifestyle. i have been in maintenance for 13 months and know that if i continue what i am doing i will stay where i want to be. too many times in the past i thought i could stop because i reached my goal- but that was my huge mistake which allowed me to regain everything. mfp makes it easier to keep on going with this. before i never realized just how much exercising is a huge part of healthy weight control and this site helped me see the connection.
    as far as weighing yourself, i highly recommend measuring yourself too. your waist, chest, arms, neck, hips, there are progress charts on here for that too. i have found the scale can go up and down and be depressing, but your measurements do not. also go by how your clothes fit, or a pair of pants you want to fit into again and actually 'feel' your progress.
    much success to you and feel free to add me as a support friend on here too if you like!
    gbers :)
  • tara_612
    Options
    Hi all,

Feel free to add. I fell off the wagon over Christmas but am determined to get there this time!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    dont stop believin!
  • arbogak52
    arbogak52 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I could always use extra support as well. Feel free to add me. Goodluck!