Holiday Figure

Options
Right hi all,

I need some help and advice please fellow MFP-ers.

I'm 36 in February and am going on holiday in May this year. My goal is to be as ripped as possible by that time for the swimming pool.

My story so far is, today is my 120 logging on this site. I've lost 23lbs through my own workouts, mostly cardio using a variety of programs on my Xbox.

These are my stats etc:-

Current weight 208lbs
Current body fat 24% (Circa)
6ft tall
Office worker 9-5 at a desk
5 x 40 min workouts during the week
Weekends running around after my 2 kids
Eating around 1500 Cals per day, have the occasional choc bar

The equipment I have access to is:-

Xbox 360 with various cardio programs
Dumbbells
Weights Bench (As of the end of the month)
Punch Bag (As of the end of the month)

This is me currently

29296875_7363.jpg

So my questions are these?

I want to go for the build type of Tom Hardy in Warrior. I know we're all different so however my body decides how I look, but you get the idea.

What sort of exercises/programs should I be looking at?

Diet? more cals or less and what kind of food shall I avoid?

Like I said before, its holiday time in May and whilst I've been losing weight quite nicely, I want to actually start to sculpt myself (So to speak!)

Any help will be really greatly received.

Cheers.

Replies

• jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hey Mate -

I imagine for you to get a higher level of muscle you will have to start looking at your diet and doing a major cut back on the cards and increase on the protein.

I'm not 100% certain on the workouts, but I know that my housemate got quite ripped by following the MMA workouts, he also used to do a lot of weights and hundreds (and i mean literally hundreds) of sit ups. I'm not sure what else to suggest or even if this is right advice, but I can just say what worked for him :)

James
    x
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    I've killed my own topic!!
  • simplythefreakingbest
    Options
    hiya frazzle :)

have you checked out bodybuilding.com ? there's loads of great workout plans and diet tips on there ..... had a look myself the other day and thought it was really useful!!

glad you got the weight bench! I think you'll notice a difference after a few weeks of lifting !!

your doing great dilf!!! x
  • Stobes80
    Stobes80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to give your some advice but I don't know how to build I only know how to lose weight. I am sure that you can do it by May...
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    Bump
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, it all helps.
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pullem
    pullem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'll pm you Frazz x
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com has a lot of programs, starting strength and stronglifts are also spoken well of around here. If you're still trying to lose "weight" you probably won't be able to "build" muscle, however you can lose fat, preserve the muscle you have, and probably even look more muscular from weight lifting. Heavier weights with lower reps is the mantra that I tend to hear (I am doing New Rules of Lifting for Women, I'm guessing there is a male version of this out there though). Protein is definitely important for retaining muscle. You may not be eating enough (1500 seems low for a guy period, and probably low for a guy working out but maybe you mean you are eating back some exercise calories on top of that). I found the "In place of a roadmap 2.0" thread (you can search for that) very helpful in determining how much I should eat. Hope all that helps, maybe some more experts will chime in.
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    Lets kick this back on today and see what comes up.